17

(Beverly Taylor Aesthetic mood board

(Beverly Taylor Aesthetic mood board. Also this chapter is extra long.)

I texted Jughead that I wanted to talk to him morning before school. I wasn't specific, I just said I wanted to talk to him about something. Although I did tell Reggie what I was planning on doing and he wasn't very happy about it. I told him that he would have to get over it because I need to do this. 

I walked into Jughead's trailer and sat down on the couch. "Hey, Jug." 

"You want coffee or something?" He asked as he poured a cup for himself. 

"No, I'm good. This has to be kinda quick actually. I have River Vixen practice and if I'm late Cheryl will kill me." 

He walked into the living room and sat down next to me. "So, what's up?" 

"Well, now that I know that my Dad was a Serpent, I wanna know more about him. The truth about him." I say as I fidget with the necklace around my throat. 

"What does that have to do with me?" He asks as he takes a sip from his cup. 

"I was hoping you would be able to get me in with a Serpent that maybe knew my Dad." I say hopefully. 

"No way, Bev. The Serpents are dangerous, I can't put you in their hands." 

"Jug, please. I need this." I plead with him but he just shakes his head. "I know everything about my Mom and my whole life my Dad has been a mystery and now I have the slightest possible chance to find the truth about him but I need your help. Please." 

He furrows his brow and looks at me for a moment. "Fine. I'll try." 

I throw my arms around his neck and hug him as tight as possible. "Thank you, Jug." 

The door opens and someone walks in. "Yo, Jones." 

I turn my head and find the voice that I had once been so familiar with. "Toni." 

She gives me a scowl. 

"You two know each other?" Jughead asks confused. 

"Uh, yeah. Look I gotta go and thanks, again. Text me." I tell Jughead. "Toni, can I talk to you, please."