CHAPTER 9

I woke up, blinking repeatedly, trying to make the black shadow disappear from my eyes. As soon as I made so, I sat immediately. The attention of 11 people was turned to me now. I knew most of them, the boys in the band, their girlfriends and four people I didn’t knew.

“Johanna!” Liam called

“Please tell me it’s a dream!” I begged, hugging my knees “Please, tell me that his plane got late or something! Please!” I begged, tears threatening to fall down my face

“Johanna…” Confirmation of my biggest fear was given to me by Eleanor only with her calling my name.

Niall’s plane had disappeared and now I have no idea of what to do.

“No!” I got up, angry, warring all the people in the room “I won’t… I can’t … Lose him… Please!” I let myself fall in my knees.

Niall couldn’t be… He couldn’t he said he would come here to be with me, in the voice message, he said, he … promised he would come back to me. I can’t believe I let him leave without even giving him a kiss or talking to him, hearing his voice. Now, all I have is a voice message, or two or about ten of those. But I don’t have Niall’s warmth or his scent. My chest is paining, my hear feels like he’s dying, slowly, painfully.

Eleanor and Perrie helped me get on my feet and shoved me back in the sofa where I was laid in latter. My face was completely wet, soaking wet. Eleanor raised a finger in front of my eyes and looked at me with hard eyes.

“Now, they haven’t found the plain yet so don’t worry about it that way. They can be fine! Stop being like that…” Her eyes softened quickly when she heard me sob “… He’s okay!” She pulled me to her arms, hugging me tightly “He’s always going to be okay! Calm down!” She caressed my hair.

El pulled away and sat next to me. I felt like I was dead. My eyes focused on the huge window and in the rhythm of the snow falling outside. I knew the others were talking, I just couldn’t hear what they were saying. I wasn’t crying anymore. I wasn’t sobbing, nothing. There was just... emptiness now! A growing emptiness inside my chest that keeps growing and growing with every single second that passes and that door doesn’t open toshow the blond hairs I love to squeeze so much or the blue eyes of that tone I knew so well, and, how hard for me to admit it might be, have been pooping in my dreams for quite a while now, since I met him in his gig.

The snow fell on the ground, turning it even more white and perfect outside. It would be a perfect day if Niall was here. If he didn’t get in that plane… If he hadn’t came home earlier because of me… NO! It’s my fault he’s missing. I just… I can’t… I can’t bear to lose him. Please. I closed my eyes, not letting the tears fall down my eyes.

You were born to be mine!

 My subconscious reminded me of what he told me in the club, when he invited me out for the first time.

No, this is the last thing I need right now. I don’t need reminder of those memories you know why? Because he’s fine and he’s going to walk right through the door. Can I just say that my inner voice broke when I said the last phrase? I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

“Hello! This is Niall! I can’t pick up right now but leave a message and I’ll get back to you!”-Bip.

I dialed his number again. His voice, his voice was the only thing that could give me the least amount of peace right now. So I called once, and twice, three times, six until I gave up and put the phone back in my pocket. I concentrated in the snow again.

“I want to hold your hand so tight my wrist would break!”

 Stop! Please stop bringing back these memories to me. I don’t want to… not like this.