-Chapter 32:

Once I got out of the shower, I looked at myself in the mirror. I had a crimson color all the way from my cheeks to my nose. I can thank the steam from the shower for that one. My hairs were pulled under a towel and my neck and upper chest were showing, my pale skin a bit red thanks to the hot steam again. I couldn’t stop noticing how my collarbones were less prominent now. I’m happy to know that my diet is back to normal. But I know that I’m eating because I’m being forced in part. I don’t want to eat, and Niall is downstairs making something for us to eat.

Now that he’s not here with me, I started thinking about my sister again. I want her to be fine, I need her to be fine. She’s the one who I’m closer too. Yes, I talk to Maria more, but that’s because Jessica is so young she wouldn’t even understand what we were talking about most of the time. I like how her smile is so innocent, how her eyes smile so brightly they can light up an entire town. I have no idea how my life will be without her, and I don’t really want to imagine it.

When I get too preoccupied with something, I usually lose appetite, and I don’t want Niall to worry about me so I’ll eat. I’ll eat against my will, but I am going to. I’m an awful actor so I think I’ll try to do my best for him not to notice I’m upset.

I’m conscious I’m developing an obsession for Niall. I only feel alright when he’s around, I need to be with him every second I can and my thoughts are always directed to him. It’s not healthy, I know it, but I couldn’t care less. I love him and I need him, always.

Looking at the sink, I opened the water and took some to my mouth so I could get rid of the salty feeling in my mouth. I knew Niall had probably left some clothes for me on the bed, he always does. I walked out of his bathroom and into his room, the towel still hanging around my body. As I guessed, there were clothes in the bed. I grabbed them to see one of Niall’s white shirts, a wool jacket and a pair of shorts. I grabbed the shirt and the jacket that luckily was long enough to cover my bum. I didn’t need the shorts.

I opened the last draw of one of the bedside tables and took a pair of white boxers from there. I put them over the bed like the rest of the clothes and unwrapped the towel from my body, cleaning the rest drops of water that were still on my skin. I put Niall’s boxers on, making the band almost hit my bellybutton. Then, I grabbed the shirt and put it on, noticing it hit the middle of my thigh. I pushed my arms inside the jacket’s sleeves and adjusted the rest so it fitted my body. The jacket was so big it almost hit behind my knees, just a few centimeters up. I walked downstairs with my hairs still pulled in a messy bun, I didn’t want to cover up my neck.

Once I was close enough to the kitchen, I heard Niall talking, he probably was on the phone. I got inside, I saw that he was cooking, his phone being held between his shoulder and his ear while he was turning the hamburgers around. And he had no shirt on. It’s hard not to notice his muscles flexing every time he moves, or how his biceps size increases when he applies a bit more of strength. Suddenly, I felt everything down my waist tightening. Not now Johanna, forget it! I tried to focus on the talk he was having on the phone and how not to disturb him.

“Yeah, you think you can check that please?” He asked “I don’t’ want anyone to know! No one, got it?” He harshly asked “No one!” He spat “Hu-hum! Okay, call me when you’re done!” Niall said and hanged up.

I frowned. Who was he talking to? What was he talking about? Why couldn’t anyone know? Those were the three questions I was curious about, but I can bet he wasn’t going to tell me who he was talking to. I hate it when he closes up and doesn’t let anyone in, not even me. But I guess that’s him, and I fell in love with him that way. Still, I won’t lose for trying right?

He put his phone over the counter, not noticing my presence. I walked towards him, wrapping my hands around his waist, my palms touching under his belly button. He cringed and I kissed his shoulder sweetly, feeling the soft, fresh skin thanks to the bath, under my silky lips.