t w e n t y f o u r

It's raining, great! Whenever it rains during school I get to go outside where nobody else is, besides from Pj and Chris who take any chance they have to be away from other people and be properly alone whole the rain splashes around me. Just like the other day by the river.

"Are you seriously going out too?" A short girl with bleached blonde hair asks me at the doorway.

"What? Are Pj and Chris already out there?"

"Yeah, and Howell. Wouldn't think a pastel boy would like getting wet- oh fuck I did it again, I swear these innuendos are accidental."

"Oh, okay, bye then," I say to her, running out into the rain. Of course Dan is out here, away from other people. This gives me a chance to talk to him, and if I don't fuck it up like I do with everything else, it could work.

"Philly? What a surprise to you here too?" Chris shouts, and I know it's him because I heard him this morning. The morning I truly fucked up.

"Hey," I say gently.

"Has Mr. punk lost his edge?" He asks.

"I don't have an 'edge'."

"Don't mind him, just like I said to Howell, he's a twat."

I walk out onto the field, hearing the squelching of my chunky black boots against the thick mud. Usually, it's not this muddy. A little off in the distance I see A boy leant up against the tree where I was planning on going. It must be Dan.