Chapter 19

** Tali back at Headquarters **

I headed back to our room quickly. I needed to do something in private. I dressed up in the combat suit Francine had bought me, which came with a convenient light Kevlar vest, and put on a pair of light booties that were made for combat. Even though I looked sexy has hell in them, that was not currently the intent. I had other things in mind.  I wrote a small note so Francine would not panic too much when she came back and got out the window discreetly.

As I was standing on the ledge of the window, I realized I no longer knew how to do what Sis wanted me to do

*Sis, how do I do it, I can’t remember*

*Ok concentrate on where you want to be, look at it*

*Yeah but its way to far*

*Just look at the spot, now focus on yourself being there and release your energy*

I did as she said, focused on the spot about 500 meters in the forest. I used my vampire vision to spot a solid branch on the tree where I wanted to be. I released my energy and then with a gust of wind I was gone from the window and zooming across the space between it and  the branch. In a second I was on the branch.

*I DID IT Sis!*

*See it’s not so hard. I am so proud of you, for someone who doesn’t believe in herself you are incredible*

*Thanks to you and Francine who taught me how to control my magic*

*Now we need to talk, this thing is going way to fast for my taste*

*You’re right, go further, I will guide you*

I started jumping from tree to tree and we got to a spot deep within the forest. After a good 20 jumps, I was now very far from society and no one would find me there. That is except that ass inquisitor.

*How long before he finds me?*

*It takes about 30 minutes to activate his location spell from what I gather, we should be safe for at least that long*

*Where is that stupid cup Sis?*

*He has it with him at all times that bastard.*

*We have to get it from him now*

*I know, but the magic needed to get it back is beyond your reach for now until we get the cup itself*

*A bit self defeating wasn’t it?*

*Yeah sorry for that, the bastard found it so fast. My bad*

*But how do we get it back?*

*I have a plan, but you are gonna need their help.*

*Who? Francine and the others?*

*Yes, even Sandi.*

*Why Sandi, she is gonna get killed.*

*Not quite my dear sister, something has changed*

*What??? What happened?*

*You’ll find out, its just not my place to tell, its Sandi’s*

*Ok I give. But I’m curious as hell now. On another note, lets try those weapons.*

*Ok concentrate on the gloves, let them take shape*

I did as she instructed, trying to visualize the gauntlets as they were in my memories. The gold colour, the claws, the long spike going backwards to my elbow, all of it. At first nothing happened, then I felt the bracelets try to peek in my mind, somehow connect with me telepathically. I let them in.