Chapter 5

** Francine Laniery's office 15 minutes ago **

Master had long ago drilled me on the amber protocol, when and if I were to find a candidate, call him directly. Don't feed any blood to or turn them and extremely important, do not let him or her out of my sight.

So I did what I was drilled to do and called my Master. The phone rang and one of his bodyguards answered:

"Hi Santino, I need to speak to Master immediately"

"May I ask the purpose of your call Mistress Francine?"

"The Amber protocol" at that I heard him swallow nervously.

After a few seconds he answered "At once Mistress". Quickly my Master took the line

"My child, how are you?"

"Fine Master, but I have important information for you."

"Yes the Amber protocol, tell me everything you know." And I did...

"Interesting girl you found there. Here is what I want you to do. First you need to find out more, that cue phrase of hers. Also I want you to lace a bottle of wine with about a spoon of your blood, no more no less." I acknowledged.

"Then, watch her reaction, a normal human should feel entranced as usual. But a Taru will not, they will be extremely hungry." That was to be expected as they are constantly starving.

"Now there is a dual purpose to this. The blood will activate her dormant DNA, which in turn should reveal the hidden mark."

"Let me guess, you want me to find the mark even if its in a very private area right?" Pervert, powerful and ancient but still a pervert.

"Correct. And judging from what you told me, it should not be difficult to do since she is probably more your taste then I ever was." I sighed.

My Master was a pig when he wanted to be, and he wanted ALL the time. But he was right, I preferred women over men and she was visibly attracted to me, her hormones flared each time she saw my legs. Which I found flattering actually.

"Now child remember..."

"Yes Master, don't turn her and don't let her out of my sight."

I took a bottle of red wine and poured it in a wine decanter. I bit my wrist and let the correct amount of blood spill into the wine, keeping my claw in the wound to prevent it from healing to fast. Once I was done I removed my claw letting the wound close up instantly and leaving no mark but the blood I licked off. This still amazed me after all the centuries.

I placed two beautiful crystal wine glasses and the decanter on the table, making sure to mix the blood in completely. Master may be a big pervert but he was right as usual, I was attracted to Tali. Hmm wonder if that's her full name, gotta check that in her H.R. file. Has I could hear Tali in the office outside for a while now, I went to fetch her.

** Back at Tali's office **

I stared at her putting my plushies neatly on the shelf, and felt a bit uneasy. She turned at me and said "Come, we will talk about your new job." I followed her in her office, and the sight that welcomed me left me floored.

First the room was HUGE, spawning half the second floor. It was a reflection of the office's style but blown out of proportion a hundred times better. There was a work office section, a sort of living room type area and a kitchen area with a large dining table straight out of King Arthur's dining room. Tons of plants made sure the air was fresh and filtered. Cinnamon scented incense was burning in the living room area.