Chapter 12

So I had been fated to have one child and to claim her as my lover. Which had been done whole heartedly without even thinking twice about it. And I was pretty sure that testing my blood would result in it being declare infertile. I had seen more then once the prophecies of that scroll come to pass. I had also fallen madly in love with Tali, to a point I could not understand and frankly didn't care about either.

I wanted us to share everything, and for it to last forever. If prophecy wanted me to have only one lover, I wanted it to last forever period. I had prepared everything for today, it needed to be perfect. I had been preparing this moment for several centuries.

The lawyers had been prepared, 40% of my assets were to be given to her as per tradition, my plane was ready, the hotel and restaurants were reserved.

When Tali heard the 40% thing she was stunned, could not understand. This was one way that modern vampires used to control our population. All vampires were given a certain part of their Master's assets, and in turn were to give back to their children. Also there was a law for population control, but nowadays money was a better motivation then law.

After we were done with the Lawyers, I caught Tali up on work issues. I had pretty much fired everyone on this floor except the nice ladie, as well as any slackers or anyone I found distasteful, down on the main floor. We went through the new personnel list, revised applications that had made it through HR to do a second filtering. We needed 3 people here and 5 downstairs. I was very specific with all my employees, I needed not only competent personnel but also I didn't want anyone with the taint either.

"So Tali, now that we reduced the number of candidates, we will have to meet them before we choose."

"Can't we let Julie choose?"

"We could, but then we might hire someone with the Taint."

"Hugh. Please tell me that its not what I imagine it is" there she got my full attention, she was not supposed to know much about that.

"What do you mean Dear?" She again had that look that told me she knew more then she was ready to share, so I added "Don't force me to use my authority dear"

She looked at me like a little girl with her hand in the cookie jar."Well, you know, those humans that are so corrupted that their souls are unraveling and have become dangerous?"

"Lets assume you are right, explain me more please" she knew a lot about this subject, way too much and I needed to know to what extent.

She looked hesitant, "Tell you what. The candidates are in H.R. waiting our choices, lets go meet them. You can tell me who is ok or not?" She nodded.

We went to H.R, introduced ourselves to the candidates, and started interacting with them. Tali was a natural, she immediately mentally illiminated twelve candidates, all of which were pretty much fully tainted. Why H.R held their candidacy I didn't know but I would have to see to it.

She then started talking to the other candidates more personally. She singled out 3 to let go after just a handshake and an introduction. There were barely six candidates left. She singled those out, thanking all the other ones for their time. Wow she was strict, I liked it and at the same time, her skill level in detecting the taint was scary for someone untrained. What would come next would tell me exactly how good she was.

She started asking them general questions, about their past experiences, hobbies, general stuff that you would normally ask at an interview. After about 10 minutes, she let go of all but one candidate for the job of Vice President of Sales. We congratulated the woman and led her to the new H.R. lady to finish signing the paperwork.