~Chapter Thirty-Four~

They make it home and Evan just hugs Connor for a long time. Jared stands kind of a distance away from them. Smiling just slightly. He's missed Connor.

"Connor, stay forever."

"Wish I could, Ev." He looks at Jared. Jared looks away and shrugs slightly.

"Should we..?" Jared pauses before nodding.

"Evan... Evan, we gotta have a discussion. The three of us."

"O-Oh?" Jared moves closer to join them in a small circle.

"The day you guys left, I... Did something stupid." Evan only has one definition for that phrase right now and is instantly terrified.

"C-Connor??"

"Different stupid thing Evan. Totally different. Still stupid" He sighs in relief. Jared's heart is racing. He's so scared.

"But when... When Jared can over to say goodbye, while he was there, I... I kissed him." Evan is still. Quiet.

"Evan.. baby, say something please."

"So you... Before we... And you didn't..." his breath quickens.

"I don't understand."

"Evan, chill chill chill, focus, c'mon. " Jared's gonna freak out if something bad happens.

"I-I tried and no time was just the right time..."

"So... So what, did it mean something??"

"I mean... I don't know, I just we'd both missed you so much and we'd spent so much time together - Evan, breathe. Please, just breathe. "

"Ev, Come on, breath."

"Are you - do you love each other?"

"..."

"I-I mean, I do but not as much as I love you. Evan please.."

"Jared, I - You're - Connor -" "It's okay. It's okay, Evan, breathe. We aren't going to do anything. Jared isn't leaving you, we aren't having an affair or anything, just... Breathe. "

"Nothing is going on between us. I'm still yours and you're still mine and I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here."

"..." he looks between them and pulls them both into a hug. One big group hug. Jared looks up at Connor in confusion. Connor returns the look. Jared gives the hug back anyway. Anything to help Evan. And Connor does too. Evan whispers,

"You know I love you both, right?"

"Y-Yeah.."

"Mhm..."

"I-I'm not mad or anything, I... I just... "

"You just what?"

"I was scared you were going to tell me you were leaving me for Connor. That you loved each other more than me, and... Yeah."

"Of course not. Jared loves you more than anybody, Ev."

"And you?"

"... I do too. "

"............." Jared is so scared. What's gonna happen? Evan's gonna have to chose isn't he?

"And... And if it's okay, I want to love both of you the same. Because I do."

"Like..... polyamory?"

"... Yes. Like polyamory."

"I... I guess. "

"Uh, I mean.... sure?"

"I've wanted to ask, but thought you'd be against it. But if - if you -"