- Chapter 8

{ Orlando's P.O.V }

I turned my attention away from the floor to stare at Katy. She totally didn't look like she had a will to even live anymore and it broke my heart. I still love her. She still loves me. Why is it so hard for us to be two again?

She's been a wreck because of me deciding to leave her. Even though it wasn't my idea, I shouldn't let her go because she's all I want. A tear slid down her cheek. Can someone make her look away from me? She was breaking my heart.

"Do you still love me?" I froze. I didn't know what to say. Of course, I still loved her but I just said I loved her as a friend. Wouldn't it be unfair to lie to her?

She looked terrified. "Orlando do you still love me?" She asked repeatedly, crying through her words, her body slightly shaking under all the stress she's been under.

I was ashamed. Should I speak the truth or should I lie to her and let her go? But that's not what I wanted. I wanted to be with her. I wanted to live my life to the fullest with her. I wanted to protect her from everything. And I especially wanted her to feel loved.

"Do you mean as friends or-"

"You know exactly what I mean." She angrily rolled her eyes. I was shocked by how much pain she was going through.

"Katy, I don't know how you never noticed this but yes I love you. I'm in love with you." I emphasized the word in

I finally spoke up and what I said made a smile appear on her face for the first time in hours and it made me happy knowing I caused that. I radiated a smile back.

She, at first, placed her hands on my chest but then she attacked me with yet another hug. And as awkward as I thought it would be, it wasn't awkward at all. It actually seemed familiar.

But she directly dragged out the process as long as possible since she knew it would probably be awhile until we're this close again.

Being with Katy was what I wanted, I had a gut feeling that it was. That's where I belonged. And I didn't want to fail during this relationship again even though I didn't think we could be together right now.

I collected my things and was ready to head out the door.

"Have some rest Katy, we'll see what tomorrow hides from us."

"Orlando wait!" She rushed over to my side, I rambled before noticing a rather depressed behavior. I opened my arms for her meaning to hug me and she obeyed and sunk into my embrace.

But it was a matter of seconds until I was ready to pull away but she didn't want to let go which broke me again. "Please just pretend like everything's normal and hold me for 5 more minutes."

I furrowed my eyebrows what decision I could possibly have to make but I still held her. A few seconds later, she travelled her head from my chest all the way to look at me and stared into my eyes.

Despite all the crying and lack of sleep, she still managed to look beautiful. But no matter how much I wanted to compliment her, I didn't have the power to admit it just like how she didn't have the power to admit that she still loved me.

She slowly wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped my arms around her tiny fragile waist and it felt so good to finally have the chance to hold her in my arms.

She started sobbing into her knees again and I would be lying if I say, she didn't break me because she was.

How would you feel if the love of your life is sliding down the wall beside you and and sitting in a puddle of her own tears? Would you feel heartbroken or okay with it and try to comfort her?