- Chapter 14

{ Katy's P.O.V }

I was awoken by the bright sun shining through the white sheer curtains, making me moan in discomfort. "Geez who widely opened the curtains?" I rolled over the whole bed, expecting to be met by Orlando's face but instead, I found empty sheets and an empty pillow lying next to me

I heard a noise coming clearly from downstairs and I claimed it would be Orlando doing God only knows there.

I fully got out of bed, grabbed my phone which was so cold, because of the weather outside, from the nightstand right next to me. I remembered that today I had to drive to Santa Barbara because Christmas is just around the corner and I had to spend it with my family.

I was really excited. I never actually get the time to spend some quality time with my family because of my busy schedule that doesn't even let me breathe. So it was a pretty great occasion to see mom, dad, David, Angela, Stella and everyone there.

I put on an oversized hoodie because I felt really cold and I tip toed through the swirly staircase and walked down the stairs with my fluffy and fuzzy socks which were perfect for this season and weather. I put my hair into a messy ponytail before going into the kitchen to make myself some coffee. I boiled the kettle. It felt like the water was taking forever to come to a boil so I decided to look for Orlando because I didn't hear from him since yesterday.

But before I could leave, the water was finally becoming hot so I prepared myself some coffee and poured it in my favorite Christmas mug. It felt so good to be at home. I felt at ease. The smell of the coffee, the cozy weather, everything felt perfect. I took my mug. I put my phone on the right pocket of my hoodie and went to the living room where I found Orlando tidying his clothes and putting them in his luggage, suddenly remembering he was going to England to spend the holidays with his mom and sisters. The feeling of him being away from me actually made me sick to my stomach. I felt like crying but I knew he had to just like I had to visit my family. Family comes first, right?

"Good morning." I said quietly with the sound of my blocked nose because of the cold I got a week ago. I sat on the sofa, putting the mug on the armrest still holding it so it won't fall.

Orlando turned to face me, a small smile on the side of his face, nothing more. These past few weeks, our relationship hasn't been the best at all. We would argue about stupid things that didn't even matter and now the more we leave each other the more we make things worse. And it was getting worse and worse everyday. Now, we could barely say good morning. I didn't want it to be this way. I truly didn't. But sometimes life just gets so difficult.

"Good morning, how are you feeling today? You still seem sick, don't you?" He asked while he joined me on the big sofa which could fit four people. I put my head on his schooler while drinking my now cold coffee

"Yeah, I took my medicines yesterday but I still have a blocked nose. I don't feel like driving for 1 and half hour but however I'm excited to see my family. Guess you too?"

"Yeah, I'm excited to see my mom, it's been like almost a year since I've last seen her."

"I understand that, I really do but can't you just come with me for only two days? Please.. we'll be away from each other for one week. You know I miss you every single second, let alone one week." I pouted. I really wanted him to come with me. It would be the best holidays and Christmas I'd ever spend in my whole entire life experience

"I would love to but I can't. Mom has been patiently waiting for me to come home. But don't worry, we'll see each other soon. Just enjoy the time with your family and cherish them." He reassured me, making my mood a lot better. And then we just sat there silently, enjoying each other's company. And as awkward as I thought it might be, it wasn't.

~

Orlando is leaving for the airport in a few minutes and to be honest, I already felt so alone. And my biggest fear in a relationship is to be far from your loved one because distance relationships don't usually work out and I really wanted to work things out with Orlando. I didn't want to leave him, he probably didn't want to leave me. We just didn't want to leave each other.

I walked into our bedroom, still with my oversized hoodie, finding Orlando checking up a few messages on his phone.

"Hi." I said calmly which made him look at me. I smiled and he returned it. Obviously it was a fake smile but since my depression, I knew how to hide my depressed face with just one fake and weak smile that didn't seem to bother anyone

"When are you leaving?"

"In a few minutes, let's say in five minutes." He responded while putting his phone in his pocket

I lowered my head because I didn't want him to notice my rather depressed behavior. Ugh I really wish he had a chance to come with me. He already proposed to me to go with him to London but I refused. I love his mom and she's a woman I respect and I haven't seen her in a while. I really wanted to see her again but then there's my parents. During these 35 years of my existence, I celebrated Christmas with them at least 30 times, so it was a traditional thing in our family.

He approached me slowly and wrapped his strong and muscular arms around my petite, tiny and fragile body. I rested my head on his chest, taking in his heavenly scent. He smelled so good and that smell was the thing I needed the most.

"Hey, look at me." He whispered and I faced him, already feeling my eyes watering. "You okay? I don't want to leave you in this kind of situation. I wanted to last see your smile. That beautiful smile of yours and that nose crinkle you find ugly."

"I don't want you gone..." I held tears for at least two minutes now but I couldn't hold them any longer so I let a tear slid down my cheek. Orlando though was so fast to wipe it away, then he brought my body even closer to his and he rubbed my back, going up and down.

"Shhh, it's okay, it's okay. I love you so much don't ever forget that."

~

I finished packing my clothes and everything. I put just a pear of jeans on and a sweater with a scarf to not get a cold again. I grabbed my purse, my car keys, the house keys, my sunglasses, my phone, everything I needed with of course my luggage. I locked everything, the doors, the windows and the door entrance then I headed out to my black Porsche.

It was time for me to drive for one hour and half. I was really happy to see my family again and I felt better than before. I guess the more I think about spending Christmas with my family, the more I get joyful and delighted.

As I was getting closer to my parents' house, my phone buzzed which made me stop the car immediately. Who would be texting me? Orlando is probably already flying to London, he cannot use his phone on a plane.

My hands were shaking meanwhile I was trying to unlock my phone. I saw Orlando's name written on the display. Something was totally up and I was scared to even find out.

I scrolled down through the messages until I found his text message.

My heart skipped a beat as I read it once, twice.

Orlando:
Something bad happened, cannot talk right now. Just wanted to let you know. I love you.