Bedposts

Finally, it was time to go the fuck to sleep.

I gave Carter a bath, handed him off to Calum so he could help our son get into his pajamas and then I jumped in the shower myself while Calum read him a bedtime story. I made my way back into Carter's room just as Calum was tucking him into bed. "See, there's momma. I told you she wouldn't miss this." Calum says, ruffling his hair. Carter reached up for me and so I kneeled down next to his tiny bed and hugged him tightly.

"I love you mommy." He said, causing me to smile widely.

"I love you too sweetheart. Go to sleep now okay?" Carter nodded and yawned loudly before I tucked him back in under the covers. Calum turned on the nightlight before the two of us left his room hand in hand. I was preparing to finish getting ready for bed but it didn't seem like Calum was doing the same. He had been moving around our room, doing god knows what as I brushed my teeth and then finally, he came towards the master bathroom. He didn't step inside though. Instead, Calum was leaning against the doorframe to the bathroom, smirking at me. I gave him a curious look as I finished brushing my teeth. "What?" I asked, rinsing out my mouth with water, still tasting the minty toothpaste on my tongue.

"Remember what I said a couple years back?" I rolled my eyes.

"When specifically? You can't be generic like that Calum. How many years back?" I tried to move past him into our room but he put his arm out and straightened up, filling most of the doorway with his body. I sighed, looking up at him and stepping back slightly, crossing my arms to let him continue speaking.

"It was that same night you called me daddy for the first time." He said, making me blush.

"Okay... A lot of things were said." I grumbled, remembering the night well. Calum pulled his hand out of his pocket. Handcuffs dangled from his fingers precariously. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

I watched as he tightened the knot of the tie and pushed my arms back behind me. "When we get our own house, I'm buying a damn bedpost." He muttered to himself.

"Holy shit." I whispered. We have bedposts but we haven't actually been utilizing them. The frames is one of those metal ones with bars and now I finally realize why he was so adamant about buying it last year.

"Want to try them out?" He asked, twirling the handcuffs around.

"I Uhh.." I stammered out, forgetting I was tired. "Fuck Yeah." Calum smirked before putting his arm around my shoulders and kissing me.

"Good girl." He murmured.

"Do I have to call you daddy?" I asked as he pulled me towards our bed.

"It is a preference of mine kitten but it doesn't matter either way. I'm still going to fuck you into tomorrow." I laughed, stepping back from him and pulling my shirt off. "God, I'm never going to get enough of you." Calum said touching the planes of my stomach lightly before moving them up my chest and to my shoulders. I grinned.

"Now is not the time to be gentle Calum. You're planning on handcuffing me." He snickered.

"Shut up Lil. I was just admiring how beautiful you are." I rolled my eyes, sitting down on the bed.

"You do that all the time. So please just fuck me." He mock saluted me before pulling off his own shirt and pulling the handcuffs out of his pocket. He gestured for me to move up the bed. I was going to take off my sweatpants but he stilled my hands, grinning at me.

"I'll do that." I rolled my eyes before laying down and putting my arms back behind my head. Calum snapped one cuff around my wrist. "Not too tight?" He asked. I shook my head no as he looped the chain around one of the bars and snapped the other cuff around my left wrist. "There." Calum said with a smile before leaning down and kissing me. I had barely enough time to kiss him back before his lips moved down my body and suddenly, I got a bad feeling. Not because of what we were about to do necessarily but something felt different and I didn't just mean the handcuffs.