A Blast From the Past

It's not fair. It's just not fair. He couldn't do this. He couldn't send me all these videos of our wedding, pictures of our first few months with Carter, cute text messages from the two of us I didn't know he screenshot. He hasn't even said anything yet, he just sent me all these images. I felt flooded with emotions and memories. Our wedding was so beautiful. The honeymoon was even better. The past four years of my life seemed to flash before my eyes as I scrolled past the drunken messages through all of the memories of the the three of us.

-------

"Okay, when I said I was going to take a photo, I didn't mean you should point to our child like they're a prize you've just won

"Okay, when I said I was going to take a photo, I didn't mean you should point to our child like they're a prize you've just won." Calum snickered.

"What? I'm showing him off. Look at his cute little cheeks." Calum says, poking our son in the face lightly and making him grin up at Calum.

"Yeah But did you have to put the hoods up of your jackets?" Calum switched the arm he was holding Carter with, bouncing him gently and making Carter laugh.

"We're the Hood family Lil'." Calum emphasized and making me roll my eyes.

"That's it, we're taking my last name when we get married."

"Aw come on babe!" Calum complained. "You know you want my last name."

"Not really, it sounds kind of dumb."

"I'm telling my parents that you said that." He said, looking slightly scandalized. I laughed, holding out my arms for Carter.

"Go ahead." I said as Calum began to hand him off to me. "They agree with me." Calum snickered.

-------

"You look so beautiful

"You look so beautiful." Calum whispered in my ear as I brushed more flower petals off of Carter. We had just stepped outside of the church and were heading down the steps towards the photographers taking endless photos of us. The three of us were finally a family. It was just going to be the three of us against the world. I felt invincible. I felt alive. But most importantly, I felt loved.