6

Scott picked Mitch up carefully from the ground, letting Mitch wrap is legs around his waist and hold on to his neck.

"I've got you, you're gonna be okay." Scott whispered, only for Mitch to hear.

Mitch whimpered, "H-Hurts."

Scott pushed himself through the crowd of people and started walking towards the doors near the auditorium so they could sneak out of the school.

"I know it hurts, baby. I know. I'm gonna get you home, okay?"

Mitch nodded weakly against Scott's shoulder as Scott turned down many different hallways to get to the doors he needed to go out of.

"Talk to me, honey, tell me what's hurting."

"M-my stomach. My stomach hurts a lot," He choked.

"Okay, I'll get you some painkillers when we get home. It'll be okay. I've got you now. Nothing is going to hurt you now that I have you."

*

Scott laid Mitch down on his couch.

Mike and Nel were at work, and will be until 5:00, giving Scott enough time to clean Mitch up, and get his stomach to stop hurting.

Mitch groaned as he made contact with the couch but melted into it as soon as Scott laid him down completely, the feeling of the soft couch making everything a little less painful.

Scott kissed Mitch's forehead, "I'll go get you some painkillers. Do you have a preferred brand?"

Mitch shook his head, closing his eyes from the light.

Scott looked down at him sadly before going into the kitchen to find the medicine cabinet.

Mitch re-opened his eyes, looking at the ceiling as a few tears streamed down his face, his face emotionless.

Mitch bit his lip and and covered his mouth, squeezing his eyes shut.

Scott came back into the room with a cup of water and three painkillers.

He noticed Mitch's state, setting the water and painkillers down on the coffee table.

Scott picked up Mitch's head and shoulders, so he could sit down and rest Mitch's head in his lap.

Scott petted the side of Mitch's head, "Don't cry, baby girl, don't cry. It's okay."

Mitch shook his head and let out a sob, uncovering his mouth, "I don't understand. Fuck! I don't understand. Why can't they leave me alone! Why can't they leave me the fuck alone!"

Scott shook his head, "I know, ba-"

"No you don't!" Mitch shot up, turning to face Scott as Scott put his hands out to keep Mitch from standing up, scared he'll fall, "You don't understand! No one messes with you, Scott! They're all afraid of you! You. Don't. Fucking. Understand!" He yelled.

Scott sighed and shook his head, "Mitchy, I know I don't understand. But- fuck, Mitch. I'm scared okay. And I'm trying to keep myself together while trying to keep you together so... just, okay!"

Mitch shook his head, closing his eyes while doing so, "Why can't they leave me alone?" Mitch whispered.

Scott set a hand on Mitch face, wiping a stray tear, "Im sorry." Scott whispered. "You don't deserve this. You're so beautiful..... you don't- you don't deserve this...," Scott said, shaking his head.