24

"Scott what I did was awful and its like you're skipping straight to forgiveness."

Scott sighed and tightened his grip on Mitch, "Mitch, I know that I'm probably forgiving you too easily but.. well, I don't know. I'm having no problem forgiving you."

"But you should, Scott. I did something pretty awful."

"Mitch, I really like you and we've been best friends and I like to think I understand you more than anyone and I know you feel bad about what you did and I know you've been crying non-stop since last night and I know you feel bad and that you're truly sorry."

"But thats not an excuse-"

"I know its not, and I'm not making up any excuses for what you did. Why is it such a problem that I'm forgiving you so fast?"

"Because you shouldn't be."

"Mitch, we both know that not why. Now, why is it such a problem?"

"Because... I wouldn't have forgiven you so fast."

Scott chuckled, "Honey.. we both have very very different personalities, different ways of handling situations."

"Yeah, or you're just a way nicer person than I am."

"Mitchie, thats not it."

Mitch shook his head and snuggled further into Scott, "I still think you should yell at me and hate me or like... break up with me. I'm an awful person. Disgrace of a human being. I-"

"Stop that. You can feel bad all you want but don't you dare start beating down on yourself like that. You are an absolutely amazing person, you fucked up yeah but everyone does."

"Okay but my fucking up was almost raping someone."

Scott cringed at the word, "Mitch, don't say that."

"You literally cringed. Its true!"

"Mitch, its not. I know you and you wouldn't have taken it that far. "

"Why do you trust me so much? I hurt you."

"You stopped and that's all that matters. I think you should be asking why you don't trust yourself?"

"Because Scott!" Mitch yelled, pushing himself off of Scott and looking at him, "I fucking took it that far, who's to say I wouldn't have taken it all the way?!"

"Mitch," Scott said softly, sitting up and putting a hand on Mitchs thigh, "Please, please stop being so hard on yourself, I can't take it when you get like that. Mitch I truly truly forgive you and if you asked me to give a deep explanation of why, I just couldn't explain but Mitch.. honey I do forgive you."

"Scott..." Mitch whispered, "I just don't understand."

"You don't need to understand just take my forgiveness, okay?"

Mitch nodded, "Scott, I'm so sorry."

"Shh, stop being sorry Mitchie." Scott said, petting the side of Mitchs head, "I really really like you and-and..I think I might lo-... so stop being sorry because I forgive you."

Mitch closed his eyes and nodded his head, putting his forehead against Scotts and biting his bottom lip. They both closed their eyes, enjoying the silence and embracing the comfort of one another. Scott continued to pet the side of Mitchs head, calming Mitch down.

Mitch breathed in as Scott opened his eyes and looked at Mitch, mostly at his long lashes that Kirstie always complained about not having and at his lips which Scott was so so obsessed with. Mitch opened his eyes, meeting Scotts icy blue ones and smiling softly. They pulled away from each other, Mitch looking down at his lap and Scott looking straight at Mitch, smiling a little even though Mitch couldn't see him.

"Do you want something to eat? Assuming you haven't eaten all day?"

Mitch chuckled and looked up at Scott, sniffling and wiping under his eyes, "Yeah, yeah that sounds absolutely amazing. I'm such a mess, sorry," Mitch said, sniffling again.

Scott put a hand on Mitchs arm, leaning forward and ducked his head to peck Mitchs lips.

"Its okay, honey. Where do you wanna go?"