2️⃣0️⃣

We drove by North middlesex hospital then turned into an estate in meridian. I was expecting to see grimy flats, black boys on bikes outside and for the smell of weed to hit me. Instead, opposite us was a basketball court and behind was rows of nice terraced houses. Damn. I then realized we're most likely at his house and that worried me. What if his plan was to harm me or sex me and when I didn't agree, rape me. What if-

"You getting out the car or what?" Cairo asked, his eyes looking down on me as he interrupted my thoughts.

"Where are we?" I asked and he kissed his teeth.

"Your mums" he said and I tensed up. "We're clearly at my yard"

"Well since I've never been to your fucking house how the fuck was I supposed to know"

"Watch your dirty mouth infront of my sister"

"Or the fuck what?"

"Do you really wanna find out or what" he said as he leaned over to me so fast and close that I threw myself back against the window in case he tried to harm me and my breathing came to a stop. His already chinky eyes were made even smaller due to him holding a look of annoyance on his face. "Didn't think so, Chyna come out the car...Chyna?" He repeated and turned back to her sleeping heavily. He kissed his teeth and got out the car, opened the back door, unclipped Chynas seatbelt then picked her up carefully in his arms "how did your mum not give you no flipping knowledge of how to act in front of young children." he spat before he walked through a black gate and then down the rows of houses.

I breathed in and out fast, trying to contain my anger but tears of anger had already fallen and they weren't stopping. This boy has such an effect on me and I have no idea why. When people don't know my story and where my mum sleeps now I understand, don't feel no way and go about my day but nah. Something about Cairos' way of words gets to me. Just like when he called me ugly, I was
severely affected. Maybe it was how he said the words he chose to speak, with disgust and anger. Don't speak about my mum with disgust and anger. You don't know her, why do you have so much hatred towards someone you don't know? Thinking about it just made me even more angry. Cairo wasn't the type of boy I needed to associate with, he was poison. I saw Cairo walking towards the car and I flew open his car door and stepped out, slamming it behind me as I began to walk to the nearest bus stop.

"Angela" Cairo yelled from behind me. "Angela" he repeated getting closer. "Don't slam my fucking door" he said and spun me round. "What's wrong with you now?" He sighed, realizing I was crying.

"Ah fuck off" I said and grabbed my arm out of his grasp. The way my blood was boiling was no joke and I could feel myself getting ready to swing arms. I was now round the back of the estate and he was still following me, all I needed was to do was get home right about now.

"What did I do now?" He asked still following behind. "Ah you're so fucking sensitive man and you was the one in the wrong anyways. Go where you're going then init"

That was it. All he needed to say was one more thing to me and he said one too many. I turned around, balling my fist up as I stormed over to him and punched him in the face. Now.

Now.

Now.

The look on his face when my fist connected to his face took most of the anger I was feeling away and replaced it with fear. As I said not all the anger I was feeling away, only most. I swung again and busted his lip. Each punch I made and connection I heard made me feel better. I swung again but he caught my arm, I tried to swing the other one but he grabbed that too and shoved me up against the wall behind me hard. "Have you lost your fucking mind" he yelled, blood trickled down his lip and all I felt now was guilt and fear. His eyes were bloodshot and open as he searched my face for any sense in me.