Prompt #13

Prompt: Hey Jen could you do a BTL prompt about Issac being 17 and how things have changed when Leon and Caroline become the Headmaster and Headmistress please

                A.N.- I got several prompts similar to this but I was on Tumblr and this one was right in front of me so I'll go with this wording of it!

---------------------------------------------

                At 17, Isaac Ruvolo was sad.

                He was sad because this was his last year at Constance Academy. Next year, he was off to college and interning with his father's company.

                But he was also happy.

                Happy because he had helped the Academy become what it was today. Every time he walked past the wall that contained the history of the Academy, he smiled at the picture of him and his friends from all those years ago. They'd been a combination of careful and reckless, but they'd made a difference in the end.

                "Isaac!"

                He turned as a girl in a Maroon vest ran up to him. She stopped in front of him, catching her breath.

                "Let's go get dinner," she said, straightening up. "I just got out of the Peer Program."

                They started walking along the path together. "How was it, Amanda?"

                Amanda smiled. "It was good! Mr. Carter was really helpful with my math worksheets. I think I can pass that test tomorrow."

                The Peer Program had been redone over the years by Leon and Caroline. They made any teachers who were part of it undergo special trainings and workshops, and any teacher who hit a student during the Peer Program was removed from the program. It was extra pay for the teachers, so they were careful not to get kicked out of it.

                Leon and Caroline had changed a lot around the campus. Kids had been nervous when Caroline left for maternity leave, afraid Leon would be too lenient and let the Blues or Maroons start bullying each other. But he'd handled the time alone well, keeping the peace until his sister returned and they could handle everything together again.

                They worked well together. Isaac was glad George Constance had thought to put them in charge together. They balanced each other out. Leon kept Caroline from being too strict and Caroline kept Leon from being too lenient.

                Isaac had heard rumors that Leon and Caroline planned to have their children take over the Academy together to keep it on the same steady path that it was on now. Adam Constance had two sons he was carefully grooming to take over, but Isaac had a feeling the students would fight tooth and nail to keep all traces of Adam out of power at the Academy now that they knew what it was like to have Leon and Caroline in charge.

                "Hey." Amanda shook Isaac a little. "Quit zoning out."

                "Oh, sorry," Isaac said with a charming smile. "I was just thinking."

                They walked into the dining hall and up the stairs together. They got their food and sat at their usual table. Isaac looked around at the tables, where Blues and Maroons were mingled together. There were only two security guards, and they were talking with each, both at ease. There hadn't been many fights on campus over the years.