4

[][][][][]

The bright light in the living room did nothing to light Chris' life. He entered his house to find the whole place in a mess. The lights and fans in most of the rooms were left on and there were liquor bottles and broken glass everywhere.

Without complaining, Chris, who was still wet from running in the rain, started cleaning the place like he does every day. Even after the glass he was trying to pick cut his hand, he did not flinch. He felt nothing anymore. He felt no pain. 

No feelings. 

No emotions. 

As the blood oozed out, he just picked up the broken glass again.

His last string was broken today at school after what his art teacher did to him. All she wanted was pleasure and she got it from the emotionally weakest boy. Forcefully. All Chris could do was let her have her way with him after she first destroyed him completely with all the abuse she could throw at him using language. She used his weakness as her weapon and the only drop of purity that was left in Chris was licked and tasted by her. His innocence was taken by her. By all.

Even after that Chris kept quiet. Absolutely quiet. He didn't shed a tear or curse his teacher. All he did was go to the playground and fight himself. Fight his conscience to lose all hope on life.

For Chris, every thought is a battle.

Every breath is a war.

And he doesn't think he's winning anymore.

[][][][][]