46

[][][][][]

Chris froze.

"W-why did y-you come here?" Chris asked with fear. Kaya had only seen his father once and that was when they threw him into a police van. He didn't want anything bad to happen in front of her.

"You knew I would come back." His father slurred, completely high but still very much awake.

Next to him, he felt Kaya grow pale, but he put up a strong front for her. Chris grabbed her hand and dragged both of them a step back. Trying to back out from a starting war. From something terrible.

"I wouldn't do that son." His father stopped them as he took a step forward.

"You're not supposed to be here." Chris said in a monotone, not letting his fear sell him anymore. He promised himself that e'll fight his demons and he's gotta do exactly that.

"Ah, the restraining order. Fuck that. You do know that your mother died yesterday right? How could you do this to her?" He seethed in anger, confusing both Chris and Kaya. 

Kaya tugged at Chris's arm and looked at him with questioning eyes and Chris just shook his head, his own eyes wide. "You killed her you fucker! You shouldn't have asked her to get you that damn gift. She would've still been alive if she didn't leave the house yesterday." And then tears trailed down his cheeks. Chris just stared at his father in shock.

Chris has never seen his father cry. 

"I loved her so much," He sobbed and suddenly looked at Chris with a murderous glint in his teary eyes, "YOU! You killed her."

This was the first time in years that he heard his father speak so much at a time. He was acting weird, and now that he thought about it, he was speaking like Chris's mother died yesterday. 

And then Chris tried moving forward, to see if his father was really crying. Bad move.

Just as Chris left Kaya's hand and took a step forward, his father retreated back, took something out of his pocket and held it up for Chris and Kaya to see.

And as they noticed what it was, they gasped as their already pale faces went even paler.

[][][][][]