24

[][][][][]

"You have to come to school with me Chris." Kaya argued but Chris only shook his head in response.

"I can't." He whispered, already frightened.

"But the principal should know about it." And Chris just shook his head with more tears streaming down his face. Kaya, who herself was emotionally broken for Chris, wiped his tears and held his face in both her hands and stared deep into his eyes.

"Listen Chris." She said slowly, softly and with a gentle tone. "Now, this is not only about you. It's about all of us. Ms Felps can do the same with other students if we don't stop her now." She argued knowing that this time, Chris would at least think before refusing.

The next day, everyone were surprised to see Chris walk in the school gates after a month of disappearing. They were even more surprised when Kaya walked in with him holding this hand, glaring at Rick or anyone who sent Chris a dirty look. Kaya went straight to the Mr Anderson's office and Chris followed her.

"Thought we would never see you again Chris. How are you?" Were Mr Anderson's words as soon as he saw Chris.

"He's not fine sir." Kaya replied when she knew Chris wouldn't speak. The principal gave her a questioning look. "He would never be fine after what happened to him Mr Anderson. And you have to know what happened." She said and Mr Anderson, with furrowed eyebrows, gestured Kaya and Chris to sit on the chairs facing him.

Kaya nodded at Chris who took a deep breath before explaining what happened to him at school. The previous day, Kaya had forced him to speak about his dad but Chris wouldn't budge.

"Oh my god. Did she...did she really..." The principal remained quiet, speechless, not knowing how to respond to what he just heard. "When did this happen?" he finally settled to ask Chris.

"About forty days ago." He replied, staring at his hands with a stoic expression on his face.

And now, Chris felt like his glass, which was previously filled with suffocating dirty water, is now finally empty and he could breathe in fresh air.

[][][][][]