29

[][][][][]

Chris applied Colgate on his burn. He knew the paste would help heal it, but it hurt very much. Too painful. Chris hissed in pain but didn't want to give his father the sick satisfaction by crying out aloud.

His father is some kind of sick sadist who likes taking pleasure in other people's pain and Chris felt disgusted to be his son. But what can he do?

He stayed in the common bathroom for half an hour, till he heard the front door close, and then got out. He went up the very narrow staircase that led him up to his small room and took out his first aid box that he kept under his bed. After applying some ointment to his wound, something caught his eye when he was keeping the first aid kit back.

It was a razor.

It's been more than a week since he's cut and he wanted it to stay like that. Looking at the sharp edges, tempted Chris to pick it up and feed the blade with his blood. 

Feed me it screamed in audibly. He was literally addicted to cutting, but something told him to stop.

His conscience, suddenly played the image of Kaya all frowning and teary eyed when she first saw his cuts. That's actually the expression she has every time she looks at the scars on his wrists. And that was enough for Chris to forget about the razor.

The next evening, while working, Kaya came up to him with a huge smile on her face. She always looked so cheerful and happy, it was contagious.

"Why are you so happy?" Chris asked, a small smile of his own on his face. "Because, now that Ms Felps is gone, you'll be going to school with me tomorrow." Kaya chirpily said and Chris froze. He did not want to go to school. Not after what happened. He lightly shook his head and Kaya frowned. "What's wrong Chris?" she asked, concerned.

"I don't want to go to school." Chris said softly, walking out of the book store with Kaya.

"Don't you want to go to college? You need to finish high school for that Chris." Kaya said and Chris sighed.

"Listen, I'll be with you whenever I can. I promise. It's just the periods in between when you'll be alone. Don't let them get to you Chris. Besides, I might have already changed to French for you since I already know the language a little." She said blushing and Chris looked at her in shock. 

"You changed from Spanish to French class for me?" he asked and she nodded with a smile. This made Chris so happy, he couldn't express it in words but he composed himself quickly, only letting a small grin dance on his face.

"Listen, I'll have to go now and I can't drop you. Will you be able to walk home?" Chris nodded.

"Okay then, bye." Kaya said and walked to her car before gently sliding in the driver's seat. She gave him a smile before driving off. Kaya is the best thing that has ever happened to him and Chris doesn't want her to leave. Not like his mom or Josh.

He wants her to stay and he knows she will.

[][][][][]