44

[][][][][]

The place to where Kaya bought Chris was beautiful. There was no other word to describe it.

They were at a small cliff overlooking a valley enclosed with mountains on three sides. The sun was setting and soon it would be dark. The birds were having their own meeting on the trees above them and the town below them was filled with life. There was a town fair that was going on and Kaya said that that was the next place they would go to once it is dark.

He didn't understand why Kaya bought him here. But he didn't complain. The scenery was picturesque and the place was pleasant. Just the way he likes it.

Kaya went and sat at the edge of the cliff, dangling her feet in the air and gestured for Chris to join her with a smile.

"This place holds a lot of memories." Kaya said once Chris sat next to her. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, sighing in content. "So pleasant and peaceful." She muttered and Chris nodded, staring at the orange sky.

"Matt, the 'someone' I told you about, bought me here on my first date. And I wanted to bring you here on yours." She said after a while. Chris just looked at her, observing her every feature.

"We always used to come here. When I was young, I always wanted to go to somewhere peaceful. Where the voice in my head stops speaking. And when I came here with Matt, it was peaceful. Matt made it peaceful."

"And you make it beautiful." Chris interrupted and blushed when Kaya looked at him in surprise. But she continued anyway, still smiling, though her smile was bigger now. "I and Matt spent most of our days together here before he died." Chris nodded in understanding. He knew the pain of losing someone you love and he felt special that Kaya bought him here.

"What do you wanna do in your future Chris?" Kaya asked out of the blue.

Chris shrugged. "I really don't know. Didn't know I would survive in the first place." He joked but cursed himself after realizing what he said.

"What do you want do after high school?" He asked Kaya who didn't hesitate to answer.

"I want to help people like us. I don't want other children to go through what I and you have been through. So I guess I'll become a Counselor or an advisor for troubled kids." She said after thinking for a minute.

They just sat in silence and Chris admired the beauty of nature and realized that Kaya being there made the place much more meaningful.

"Why are you with me?" Chris asked all of a sudden. "Now that I realize, you can be with anyone. Anyone better than me. I'm the type of guy who looks at the dark side of things. A total opposite of you."

Kaya just laughed, "I could've been with anyone better than you. True. But maybe, spending so much time with you just made me like you Chris." And she looked at him, "And if you can't see the bright side of things, I'll sit with you in the dark." She said and Chris didn't know how to respond to that. So he crashed his lips on hers.

That was literally the sweetest thing he's ever heard. 

He might not realize it now, but he's falling for her. It's like an unexpected rain on a sunny day. Very sudden but there were signs on the way.

[][][][][]