6

[][][][][]

"Go to your room before I kill you you-good-for-nothing piece of shit." His father ordered and Chris complied. This is always how his day ends. He doesn't know how other's does, but this is what he calls normal.

He enters his room and doesn't bother to switch on the light. What's the point when no amount of light helps brighten his dark life?

He went to the bathroom which is always dimly lit because of the light from his neighbor's window right next to his. His reflection is so unpleasant, no one would wish to see it. There was a gash on his cheek surrounded with his dad's hand-print in blood serving as red ink. His hair still wet from the rain, his eyes red from all the unshed tears. And his body lean from unprovided food.

He felt dirty all over. He felt unclean. He wanted to cry and ask his teacher why she did that to him, but he just kept quiet.

He stripped and took a shower. His finger and cheek still bleeding and the blood mixing in the water, going down the drain with it.

He quickly wore his fourth pair of clothes from the five pairs he owns. It is one of the pairs that covers his entire body and he needed it now.

He slowly walked to his bed, his whole body aching from the dreadful afternoon.

He knew no amount of sleep in the world can cure the tiredness he feels.

No amount of sleep other than eternal sleep.

Other than death itself.

[][][][][]