Chapter Four

After getting out of the car, I went inside of my house. There I found my mom sitting outside by the pool and I smelled cigar smoke from my dad's office. I placed my bag by the stairwell and went to my mom. She was suntanning. "Hey mom." I said sitting on the chair beside her. My mom was beautiful, more beautiful than Lexi and her mom combined. You could say that she was a Marilyn Monroe. She had the short curly hair, the red lips, the slim tall body and the smile. From what I get from my family and parents, my mom went through life using her looks to get what she wants. But I never knew about dad, I never knew if they had true love or not. "Hey pumpkin. How was school?" She asked. "Um it was good. I got an A on my economics test." I said proudly. I could hear a low scoff come from her. Mom didn't think that school was important in any matter. She believed in finding the right man to support you for the rest of your life. Those were one of the things we disagreed about. "Okay, well dinner will be ready in hour and don't disturb your father, he's working." She said in an almost harsh tone. Another thing we disagree about, my relationship with my dad. My mom believes that I should only associate myself with him when I'm in trouble and when it's my  birthday. I didn't care, I try and talk to him as much as I can just to annoy my mother and because I care. I rolled my eyes and left to go find my dad's study. As I got closer to my dad's study, I could here that he was talking to someone on the phone. He saw me through the doorway and signaled me to come in and gave me a hug. I smiled and walked over to hug him. He kissed me on the forehead and I looked up to see that he mouthed "I love you." I did the same back and realized that he was talking to his secretary from the office on the phone. I knew that I should leave because that meant it was important. My dad was tall, skinny, and handsome. He had white hair and he had a rosy cheek smile. Anyone can look at him and think that he was any regular kind of guy that worked from 8-5 shift and come back home to the wife and kids, but in reality he was a CEO of his father's company that makes and sells products. He was good at his job, too good. That's why we barely see him around and when we do see him, he's either busy in his office or on the holidays for an hour. I mean I can see that he cares, but he made the choice to be a businessman and it has its cons to it. Sometimes I wished that he quit his job and just pay  attention to me and try to make us a family.