18

The closet was dark and I felt a hand over my mouth, urging me not to scream. All of a sudden, the light turned on and I saw it was Jake. He placed a finger over his mouth and his eyes telling me to be quiet. I nodded assuring him I won't scream. He slowly let go of his hand and I kicked him in the shin. He face in pain, grabbing his leg said, "What was that for?" I crossed my arm and responded, "I don't know, finding a better way to tell me to meet me here." He let go of his leg and looked up at me and just said, "Oh." I got more upset and said, "All you have to say is Oh?" "Well, I'm sorry! I didn't mean not to text back, it's just..." he stopped. "It's just what?" I continued. "I thought you wouldn't wanted to have talked to me." he said softly. I stopped and then asked, "Why would you think that." He shooked his and said, "It's stupid." "No it's not stupid." I placed my hand on his arm. "I heard Lexi telling Jerry that you had a one time fling and you learned from your mistake." he looked over at me and I looked at him shocked. I couldn't believe that Lexi would actually do that to me. I let myself trust that she wouldn't somehow open up, but I know now that there was no hope and it was just Jake and me now. "Look whatever Lexi said isn't true, she never going to understand us and I swear that if I didn't want to talk to you, I would've told it to your face by now." I told him seriously. He chuckled and nodded. After a while Jake asked me, "Do you wanna go somewhere?" "Yeah, like class." I said jokingly. "No, I mean somewhere other than school property." he said. I looked at him and realized that I had never skipped class once in my whole entire life. I didn't wanted Jake to know that either, it would be embarrassing. I felt Jake press his mouth against my ear and say in his dark voice, "I know you want to come." I turned to look at him where I realized that he was bending to face me at my height. I looked at him with eyes saying yes. He smiled and I smiled to.