Part 33

My body ran through shock as I saw a dark figure in front of me. I quickly backed away not knowing what else to do. My hands were shaking and my knees felt weak as I tried to make out who this person was. The dark figure came forward and he was revealed through the dimly lit light. It was a guy who seemed to remind me of Jake. He had a brown hair that seemed to split in the middle with one strand draped against his left eye. His eyes were a dark blue and dressed in a long leather coat that cut right at the ankles. He was wearing what I assumed was all black and had the slyest grin that danced across his face. He seemed to be my age, but a bit older and smelled deeply of cigarettes. "I seemed to have frightened you." he said with a deep, raspy voice. I didn't say anything, the back of my head kept telling me that I shouldn't say anything at all. "It's just that you seem to remind of someone, someone I know." he continued. I still didn't say anything, frozen in my position. The person began to pace back and forth in front of me continuing to speak. "But, you're different, yes very different, special almost...." He stopped in mid pace and stood back in front of me, taking his finger and dragging it against my cheek. "Oh, he picked a good one this time, he did, didn't he Kathleen?" he asked me. Confusion arose when he said that name, Kathleen. "Who...Whose Kathleen?" I asked. He looked at me and a smile grew on his face. He leaned in closer to my ear and I could feel the hot breath coming off of him and the scent of cigarettes grew stronger. As he was about to speak, something stopped him. He pulled away and looked in every direction with his eyes glowing. Shock ran through me again when he looked at me once more and disappeared into the darkness.