16

On Monday, butterflies ran through my stomach as I walked over to my locker. I hoped that Lexi dropped our argument and we would be friends again and that she wouldn't tell me about anything with Jake. I opened my locker and started to take my books that I needed for today and placed the ones already in my bag back into the locker. As I was in the middle of putting a book back I saw Lexi and Drew walking down the hallway. They both stopped at her locker and started talking. She didn't look up to look at me at all. I guess she was really upset. I decided not to worry about it and I turned back to my locker to finish up. When I was done, I left and went over to my first period class. As I began to walk in, I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see that it was Lexi. I stopped and waited for her to catch up. "Hey" she smiled. I smiled back and asked, "So you're still not mad about what happened." She frowned and then dropped it into a smile and said, "Come on Melon, don't dwell on the past, we both know that Jake was just a one time thing and that he's long gone." I couldn't believe that she just said that, that she would think of Jake like that, like he's below her and that I'm like her. I thought she would know me better as a person, as a friend. I guess that i was wrong and that now I can never tell her about Jake at all, whatever happened between us. "So, there's a party on Saturday that Jerry is hosting, I told him already that we were coming, is that alright?" she asked. I smiled and nodded not knowing what else to say. "That's great, now we have to go plan our outfits." Lexi exclaimed walking into class together.