36

He looked at me and didn't say anything. I waited for an answer but it seemed I would never get one. I started to get impatient and a little angry. After a while I gave up and said in cold voice, "I can tolerate a lot of things Jake, but I won't tolerate lying." and began to walk away. I could hear him follow behind and I felt his hand on my shoulder stopping me in my tracks. I turned around and he said, "I don't  like lying to you, but..." he stopped. "But what!" I said in anger now. "I can't tell you." Was all he could say. "I don't believe you." I said trying to hold back a tear. "Please, you have to trust me." he begged. "Fine, I'm going to ask you again and I need you to answer honestly." I said harshly. Jake nodded and I began. "Why does your body heat up to like 100 degrees." I asked as calmly as I could be. "I can't tell you that." he said in a low tone. "Why did your eyes changed into a different color?" I asked. "I can't tell you." he said. I was beginning to get frustrated and finally asked, " Do you know that person that came up to me tonight and how did you know what he was talking about?" I asked. Jake looked at me and I knew his answer, he couldn't tell me. I shook my head in disbelief at the fact that he didn't trust me. I have never felt so angry in my life, I could scream but it wouldn't be enough. "Meg..." he began. In anger, I said, "DON'T! You don't get to do that to me anymore, I"m suppose to trust you? I'm sorry but that's not who I am. I'm done. We're done." I finished and looked at him. He didn't look at me at all, just kept bending his head. He wasn't going to say anything at all and I wasn't going to wait for when he does. I finally left and never looked back.