Chapter 13: Never Give Up

(In the deep dark chilling prison, Lara and Nathan were tied up back to back freezing.)

Nathan: "Here we are once again captured."

Lara: "I can't believe we've been framed by Francis and now look at us. We're stuck in a god damn freezing chamber!"

Nathan: "Lara, I know how ticked off you are."

Lara: "Yeah, you should know because you got us into this situation!"

Nathan: "Me?"

Lara: "Yes! This was your plan to begin with!"

Nathan: "Excuse me, but you agreed to this."

Lara: "Yeah, so we can get the ruby! Not end up like this! I didn't want you to come. Matter of fact, I should've done this without you 15 minutes ago!"

Nathan: "Lara, if it wasn't for me in Siberia, you would've died a long time ago. We've been together for so long and now you're blaming me for this."

Lara: "You're right! You're right! I'm sorry! I know I shouldn't have blamed you for this s***." (She started to tear up inside.)

Nathan: "Lara..."

Lara: (Crying) "Nathan, what the hell are we doing here?"

Nathan: "We're here to find the ruby."

Lara: (Crying) "No, I mean what are we doing here? We should be home by now."

Nathan: "And doing what? Sitting at home and relaxing while the captain has the ruby?"

Lara: (Crying) "We should have never done this mission! Hell, we shouldn't even involve our own damn children with us!"

Nathan: "Lara, stop."

Lara: (Crying) "This was a bad idea from the start!"

Nathan: "Lara, stop!"

Lara: (Crying) "What?!"

Nathan: "Stop and listen to me."

Lara: (Crying) "I am!"

Nathan: "No, you're not. Stop whatever you're doing now and listen. We're here to get that ruby and you're just sitting here and saying that we can't do this? Are you mentally ill? We came here for adventure. To retrieve that ruby and complete this mission for London. Your home. If we finish this now, we'll be home before you know it."

Lara: (Shivering) "What if we're dead by then?"

Nathan: "Not gonna happen. We're gonna do this as a family and we're going home satisfied. Don't you want our kids to be happy?"

Lara: (Shivering) "Of course I do, Nate. I would do anything just to make them smile."

Nathan: "Then I would ask for you to never give up your faith in your children and your husband. There will be always hope if you believe in it. What would Jonah say?"

Lara: "He would say to never give up, Little Bird. Always finish strong and proud then everything will be just fine."

Nathan: "And to that, we will finish strong and proud. But we're not gonna do anything if we're just sitting here." (Lara leaned her head on his shoulder and smiled.)

Lara: "Thank you."

Nathan: "Are you ready to get out of here?"

Lara: "Ready, but the binds are too tight."

Nathan: "I still got my pocket knife. Think you can try to reach it?"

Lara: "If I can." (Lara used her left hand to slowly reach in to grab the pocket knife.)