Chapter 14: Battleships

(Captain Obediah and Evelyn were having dinner on his ship and the pirates were in the mess hall part of the ship. Drinking and singing.)

Captain Obediah: "How's the food, my dearest?"

Evelyn: "It's good. I'm enjoying it."

Captain Obediah: "That's good."

Evelyn: "What are we going to do with Francis?"

Captain Obediah: "We'll let him keep working until his bones start to give way."

Evelyn: "And if he escapes, what then?"

Captain Obediah: "Then we'll hang him."

Evelyn: "Sounds a bit grim. I love it."

Captain Obediah: "I knew you were my daughter for a reason."

Evelyn: "After we sell that ruby for some doubloons, we could have an whole island to ourselves."

Captain Obediah: "Yes, but after we dispose the thieves!"

Evelyn: "Sounds like a glorious plan." (She smirked an evil grin. Meanwhile, Evangeline set her mini cannons out on her ship.)

Evangeline: "Sam, load some of the cannons with hooks and rope. The others cannon balls."

Sam: "Aye." (Isabelle tugged on Evangeline's shirt and Evangeline turned around to face Isabelle and Trevor.)

Isabelle: "What can we do to help, Evangeline?"

Trevor: "Yeah, let us help."

Evangeline: "You must stay out of sight."

Isabelle: "But our mother and father might be on that ship."

Trevor: "We want to help them. They're our parents. Please?"

Evangeline: "Alright. You may help."

Isabelle: "Okay, Trevor. Help me look around for something to use to trap pirates."

Trevor: "You got it." (Sam got all the cannons stuffed.)

Sam: "All the cannons have been filled up, Evangeline."

Evangeline: "Well done, Sam. Now, we launch a battle. Activate the hooks, we need to get your family members out of there as quickly as possible." (Back to Lara and Nathan finding the ruby.)

Lara: "Still nothing?"

Nathan: "Looked everywhere. Obediah hid this ruby pretty well. And we're right underneath his quarters."

Lara: "I knew it was too good to be true. God damn it." (She kicked the pirate head statue and somehow it leaned forward. It opened a secret door behind the wall and Nathan saw a gold light shimmering through the ship.)

Nathan: "Lara, you should look at this."

Lara: "What?" (She walked next to Nathan and her eyes became wide with excitement because they found the treasure room.)

Nathan: "Unreal."

Lara: "Impossible. There was no way we would've missed this."

Nathan: "Apparently, we just did. Guess we didn't look harder enough." (Chuckles)

Lara: "Got me there. Well, we found the treasure hoard."

Nathan: "All we gotta do is get the ruby and get out."

Lara: "We got this."

Nathan: "I see you have confidence."

Lara: "All you need is confidence."