Chapter 4: Lovely Birthday Party

(Isabelle and Trevor just got off the bus and headed to the door. Isabelle had the key and unlocked it. She went inside while holding onto Trevor.)

Isabelle: "We're home, brother. See?" (Trevor looked with his other eye and saw for himself.)

Trevor: "Oh, goodie."

Isabelle: "Mother! Father! We're home!" (Nathan heard her and went out of the bathroom.)

Nathan: "Kids, you returned home safely!"

Isabelle: "Yes, we did, but Trevor's hurt."

Nathan: "What?" (He quickly ran down the stairs and went to Trevor.)

Nathan: "Trevor?"

Trevor: "Hey, dad." (He removed his hand away from his black eye.)

Nathan: "Trevor, what happened?"

Isabelle: "There was a mean bully picking on him about the books he was reading. He punched Trevor in the face!"

Nathan: "Where is that kid, now?"

Isabelle: "He ran away crying home to his mother. I protected Trevor so that bully will never hurt Trevor again in a long time."

Nathan: "What did you do?"

Isabelle: "I beaten him to his own game and he deserved to be hurt by a girl."

Nathan: "Did you go beyond that?"

Isabelle: "No, just kicked him in his knickers."

Nathan: "Oh, okay. I'm proud of you, Isabelle. You did the right thing."

Isabelle: "Thanks, dad. How's mom?"

Nathan: "She's doing fine and awake, too. She's in the library. I have to go treat Trevor's black eye."

Isabelle: "Okay."

Nathan: "Come along, Trevor." (They both went upstairs. Isabelle saw Bryce and Zip.)

Isabelle: "Hey, guys."

Zip: "Hey, Belle. What's up? How's school?"

Isabelle: "It was fun. Well, maybe not to Trevor, though. He's got beaten by a bully in school."

Bryce: "What?"

Zip: "For real? Man, I would've taught him a lesson about picking on little kids like you."

Isabelle: "The drama is over, now. I protected my brother."

Zip: "Good job, Isa."

Bryce: "Excellent."

Isabelle: "My mother is in the library, correct?"

Zip: "That's right. I'll take you there if you like."

Isabelle: "No. I got it, but thanks anyway."

Bryce: "Okay. Be careful."

Isabelle: "I will." (She went to the library and saw Lara sitting in a chair reading a book.)

Isabelle: "Mum?" (Lara jumped when she heard Isabelle's voice.)

Lara: "Oh, Isabelle. I didn't see you there."

Isabelle: "Sorry, I scared you."

Lara: "That's alright, sweetheart. So, how was school?"

Isabelle: "It was fine, but Trevor got hurt." (Lara was shocked.)

Isabelle: "Don't worry. Father, got it under control." (Lara sighed with relief and praised the heavens.)

Lara: "Oh, thank god. I'm glad you children are safe."