The Holidays/ Where does he go?

I always wondered just where the hell is that Kevin goes at night. He says he is out with friends, but he never really tells where they go. It's 2 days before Christmas Eve, and he was out again. I was home wrapping up gifts. We made a deal that we start our own little tradition. We said we would watch crappy Christmas movies and make cookies. So far, Kevin was late. He was suppose to be home an hour ago. This was why I wonder where he went. It wasn't that I didn't trust him, but my curiosity was getting this best of me. Right now, he was suppose to be home. He left soon after he got a call on his phone. He said he was going to be back at seven. It was now half passed eight. What was keeping him. I put his presents up under tree next to the one's he wrapped. I went to kitchen to take the cookies out of the oven when I heard the front door open.

"Kevin, can you come here." I called him. I sat the tray on the counter top. I turned to see him come in. There a few spots of blood on his shirt and his nose was bleeding.

"What the hell happened to you?" I got a towel and started to wipe his nose. I noticed his hand was busted up. He had gotten into a fight.

"It's nothing, one of the guys got pissed that I won the money and we got into fight that's all. I'll be fine." I looked at him. All this over a poker game. I got they played for money, but was it that serious?

"No, it's nothing. Your bleeding." I went and got some bandages of his hand. When I came back in he was sitting on the counter eating the cookies I had made.

"Humm so can bake too, I had no idea." He was changing the subject. It was clear that he didn't want to talk about this. I wanted to talk about what really happened, but I wasn't going to push it. It was 2 days before Christmas, and all I wanted was him home. Well he is home now and safe. That was good enough for me, even if he was bleeding from his nose.

"So, in the morning. You have to drop me off with my parents." We agreed to spend these 2 day apart and be with our families. My said he parents could come over have dinner.

"Yes, yes send my wife away to her parents while I deal with mine." Kevin was thrilled about the idea. Mostly cause we would be apart. I rolled my eyes.

"You'll be fine, now stop eating the cookies." Kevin took two more cookies and got up. We could talk about his nightly poker games another time. We had other important things to do.

 "Aunt Hailley." It sounded like one of the twins were awake. "Aunt Hailley wake up, we want to open presents." I sat up in bed. I didn't sleep well. I didn't know how spent my child hood sleeping this bed. It was uncomfortable compared the bed I shared with Kevin.

"Come on Aunt Hailley." Christi said to me. The twins took my hands and pulled me off the bed. Catherin and Christi went down hall way waking up the whole house.We went down to living room. The twins opened up their presents first. Caleb and his wife Alison took pictures of the girls. After they opened up their presents it was my turn. Normally after the grand kids opened presents, the youngest child opened present next. I got a nice coat from my mom and my dad got some DVD that I wanted. It wasn't much, but I liked it.  My brothers took turns opening presents. Before I knew it was noon and I was helping my mom make dinner. Our extended family stopped by. It was such a busy day. By the time seven hit the door bell had rang. I knew it was Kevin and his parents. We all sat down to dinner. His father didn't look to happy to be there. I take that he still wasn't use to me. Or that he liked the idea of meeting my parents. Them meeting went well. The night was long by the time sat in the living room talking I was asleep.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short Chapters, Longer chapter will be up after May 23

Vote,fan,share, added me on facebook, join the "Night_Fall" fan page on facebook

Night_Fall