01

-Lisa-

My eyes flickered open, hearing the bothersome rings of my plain white alarm clock that stood on top of my bedside table. Although, my eyes shut close once again as the light glimpse in between the curtains that hung in front of my bed, covering the window, and hit my eyes merely even a second when I opened them. My hands made their way to my closed eyes and rub them like what we always do every morning. No birds can be heard singing, but the vibrating sounds the air conditioner made.

My eyes finally adjusted to the lighting this room has at the moment and I just blankly stared at the ceiling that kept me safe for, probably, the last two months. My mom and I transfered two months ago, from Busan to Seoul, while my dad works abroad. The company my mom's been working for built another branch in Seoul to increase the fortune they're making, my mom is one of the employees that was transferred because of her skills. It was hard for my mom to convince me to transfer here in Seoul since I'm stubborn, but I grew up there since we transfered here in South Korea from Thailand, back when I was in Middle School, and I have made many new lifelong friends there in Busan, a lot of memories were made there, a lot of thoughts were screamed there, a lot of laughs were let out there, a lot of tears were let out there, and it's not easy to let go that fast. It feels like you're leaving everything, at least for me.

It may be a goodbye to some things, but hello to others.

I remind myself that everyday, whenever I miss them, which I do all the time. But we still keep in touch despite the distance. My best friends back there still updates me about everything that's happening in my old school. I really do miss them, a lot. And I would basically do anything just to see them again, but of course, I won't bet my life for it.

I rolled my eyes after realization hit me. It's the first day of school, in my new school. My tummy felt funny as I pictured myself in front of the class, introducing myself. I'm not a big fan nor even a fan of introduce yourself set-up teachers force their students to do, I'm not that good in speaking in front of the class because I just don't really know what to say, to be honest. Looking at my bed side to see the time, my clock states that it is six o'clock. Quite early, but it'll give me more time to prepare for the first day of school, especially that I'm new. First impression doesn't really matter to me at all, but I just felt the need to be...presentable, all of a sudden.

My body separated from the comfy bed I used to be attached to and it felt really sad. I made my way to the closet and hastily opened the door, I don't want to waste time, especially when I'm a slow eater. And I don't really like to pick an outfit after a shower, I don't like to choose clothes when I'm naked under either my towel or bath robe. The feeling just doesn't feel good. Imagine the cold air pass through your towel and hit your bare body, some might find that good, but for me, it's the total opposite. I also don't like changing in front of my stuff toys nor pet, I feel too open, if you k ow what I mean.

One more reason why I hate picking clothes after shower is because I also take a long time picking clothes and standing in front of my closet, blankly staring at each piece of cloth, and soaking wet, definitely not my thing.

Picking an outfit is really frustrating at this point, but I finally made up my mind and picked out a pair of dark skinny jeans, one of my favorite blue-ish white button up shirt, and a pair of brown ankle boots. Soon after I laid the clothing on top of my bed, I dragged my body to the bathroom. My bathroom isn't really that big, but I'm not complaining. It's average, and for me, as long as there's a toilet where I can do my business, a sink where I can spit out the bubbly thing whenever I brush my teeth, a big mirror where I can stare at my face for a good period of time, and a shower or bathtub where I can clean my body, I'm fine.