26

*this chapter wasn't read again the second time, so please understand if there're some typos, wrong grammar, autocorrect, etc. thank you

-Lisa-

I adjusted in my seat, regretting the fact that I chose to wear jeans instead of a comfortable sweater I could've moved in comfortably. I couldn't seem to find any position that would, at least, be less bothering than it already is.

I couldn't eat my dinner properly and at peace, all because I just needed to prove something—whatever that something is, to my father, who was smiling so widely and sweetly as my mother spoke to him more that I thought she could ever.

It relieved me, how much they're still so close, despite being away from each other's presence for more than a year. It was like nothing had changed between the two of them, but what do I expect from a relationship that had went on strong until today since high school?

Surely, nothing but good things. They knew how to deal with argument, but they barely had any before and now. Both of them were always being mature in situations where they don't have the same opinions, which no one has—the same opinions, I mean. People's minds were designed by themselves, for me, they know what they like and what they don't. And even if they act like they like this certain thing because another person like it, they can't fool themselves.

That's why I give up when I try lying to myself, knowing it was no use because I can never fool myself, it would only confirm whatever I was lying about to be true. And I'm still trying to make peace with that, because sometimes, I wanted things to be different and I wanted to get the fact that nothing will change, off.

As we were heading towards the airport to fetch my father a while ago, a whirl had formed in my stomach and I can't seem to contain my smiles. I was finally gonna be reconnected with, not a father, but with a best friend who understood me.

My hands were cold and sweaty as we neared the large hangar. Since the area where they had built tye airport was supposed to be wide and open, even from a far, you could see it already, which didn't help in calming that storm in me. It only made it worse. Seeing the place where the person you had longed for for years being in that place, just a couple of feet away from you, it felt too much.

But even though I felt dramatically nervous about seeing him again, my mother looked like she was on cloud nine. She was seeing her soulmate, the one she'd also been longing for when she laid alone on their bed for more than a hundred nights. I didn't know how that felt like, of course, and sometimes I ask if I ever would, but I shrugged those thoughts off, knowing it shouldn't be a worry at my age. To graduate is.

My mother had put on lipstick that tainted her lips a dark shade of red, it wasn't new to me seeing her in that shade, but it felt new. I didn't know why, I had seen her a lot whenever she went out to work, but this day was different. And maybe that's why it felt new. Her face was glowing, too. And I thought if she added a few make up here and there, and she did.

But she, too, got shocked when she saw my body being hugged by a tight red shirt and a pair of black pants that reached my waist. It was surely a new sight for her, me wearing clothes like how most of the girls we've seen around here wear. But she closed her separated lips and smiled, drinking the sides of her eyes.

And when we finally met, the first person my father had hugged, was her. Holding her captive in his arms and showed no signs of letting go, and my mother did the same as I awkwardly stood there, ignoring the fact that people had started eyeing us like that haven't seen people do that in the airport a couple of times. Because I know they have and I think looking was unnecessary.