18

-Lisa-

I woke up to the sound of silence. I laid there, staring blankly at my ceiling despite the darkness.

The covers were only covering the bottom half of my body and my hands were interlaced together, laying on top of my stomach. I looked to my side, checking my alarm clock.

5: 26 a.m.

I woke up early, too early in fact, but I couldn't really care at the moment. And so, I averted my gaze back to my ceiling that did nothing but stare back at me, asking why I woke up so early than normal.

I felt empty, suddenly. My mind was blank and everything seemed to make me feel sad, even the comfort of my bed, the coldness the air conditioner brought, the silence I wanted, they didn't seem to lift up the heavy feeling I have inside.

Why?

I asked myself.

Why do I feel so low?

I do not know, and I wasn't that interested in finding out why.

I pulled the covers up to my chest, exposing my bare feet to the cold wind. I sighed and tried to think of something interesting that would keep me busy, and would, hopefully, bring me back to sleep, but nothing.

I thought of questions that wasn't able to get the answers I don't know they deserve or not, but it only brought me headaches, and I decided, they were unanswered for a reason.

I looked at my ceiling, imagining my life in different scenarios and with the people that I once went with, but that didn't help either.

Then, the thought of Jungkook came in mind, and I observed him in my head, basing my thoughts from the days that passed.

He was a guy you could talk easily with, with smooth moves and words that could flutter your heart, but of course, I knew better. Along with it, his facial features looked to be sculpted with artist hands. And I got why girls fell for him, he spoke the words you want to hear, at least, not me.

But then, he can be very vain, something I didn't enjoy watching and listening. I hated it whenever he talks to me like he was someone who just ended poverty, it wasn't pleasing, for goodness' sake, it never will be.

As for the girl, she's a beauty. Her flaws were the ones that made her face even more pleasing, it's beautiful—how she made something bad, good.

Replaying the happenings that had happened, I found that what Jungkook and her has, it was different and special, although, hearing what they were as individuals and what they have for the first time, it would sound like a cliché, like what I thought the first time I heard about it, when Jennie told me.

A boy whose label was a heartthrob, and a girl that was claimed to be a nerd, whatever that meant, sharing something others may not have, whatever it was. It sounded like it was too good to be true, but here I am actually seeing it happen.

I closed my eyes and shook my head, wanting to clear my mind. Because I know, if I keep wondering what would make of them, curiosity would hunt me down.

So, I kept my eyes closed. After thinking about Jungkook and the girl, I still felt heavy inside.

I breathed in deeply, letting my breath go slowly. I imagined being at the beach and feeling the ocean, something, I realized, I should've thought of in the first place.

I imagined the sound of the waves piercing through the silent whispers of the wind from the air conditioner. The sound felt like music to my ears, and slowly, I felt calmer every time a second passed when I imagine the beach. And the thoughts about Jungkook and the girl slowly got swept away by the waves in my head.