30

Lisa

The tips of my feet rocked from a side to the other, remaining to be in contact with the cemented ground my eyes kept in vision as my arms support the lazy weight I had exerted upon it, an act that pushed the edges of my shoulders further towards the emptiness set above it, which hurt, to be honest, but I didn't seem to mind.

I breathed in a breath, keeping my eyes locked onto the cement as I continued on waiting for my mother, who had alarmed me earlier that, once again, she would be late. But, I don't complain, understanding how work had started to busy her further these days, which may not be settling, but also meant her workplace is improving, and I smile at the thought, of how fortunate we were, but pursed my lips, knowing of how my mother was, of how I just knew she must've pushed through her limits, of how she always wanted to give what is left of her in all that she does.

Strands of my hair, then, had moved its way onto my face, influenced by the wind that I noticed started to blow harder with every passing minute. A hand made its way onto my face, sliding the strands that caused to me to be annoyed out, pushing them behind my ear as I then wished I hadn't forgotten my hair tie in the first place, which, I often did.

I was always used to removing whatever jewelry or material there was hung onto my body at times I knew I'd come in contact with water, not wanting to feel as though the material deteriorated under such influence. And I definitely am not a fan of wet ties circling my wrist, having to feel the moisture of it, and how it marked other materials if I kept it there, and so, I always removed it, and at times like these, forget.

And it annoyed me how much I am so-forgetful. Always distracted, though not easily, but still was distracted and unfocused enough to always have my mind run through different thoughts to the other in a pace and manner that caused me to lose focus on what I said I won't. And though I have tried hard not to be so, growing tired of how I always find myself cursing under my breath in despair upon realizing what mistake I've made, I still seem to be caught in the same ordeal as I have in the moments before.

I smile a smile that shown along with a breathy scoff upon the thought of my ways, moving my head to look up slightly as my eyes take in the scenery before me, one that darkened as the clouds did the same, moving in large groups as they looked for spaces I knew they'd cover.

I was not able to see through the reports for the weatger today, and am quite surprised to see that it would soon rain, but I was pleased it would, suddenly feeling the need to relax, release, decompress. Familiar of the feeling, but not fond of it at all.

The scenery looked to be in gloom, having such heavy, suffocating atmosphere that, somehow, overwhelmed all of me in forms of thoughts that bore emptiness, silence, and comfort. The sight of it all made me feel drained, but calming, letting my self loose and just breathe.

A minute, or two, passsed, my eyes now settled back at the cement, my mind running through forced thoughts that blocked what I didn't want to think, which was cut off once hearing a honk that took me by surprise.

My head jerked up, flinching as I did so, startled by a sound quite loud I expected to come, but mever knew when. Considering, too, that it was silent, calm, amd peaceful, I lost more of myself in the moment I wished time would keep me still, but that isn't how it all works now, is it?

My lips parted slightly, a small, relieved smile that didn't quite reach my eyes, but mananged to let them do so as well drew onto my lips, feeling myself calming down as I stood, twisting my wrist to swing my bag on one of my shoulders, leaving the other empty as I walk, knowing how I still would remove it once settled in the comforts of my mother's vehicle.

Once I had settled in the car, my mom drove off in a speed that never went pass the limit. We both remained silent, though no tension went about. I, like from what I had done earlier in school, listened amd focused on my breathing, one that mirrored those I let out hours ago, long and deep, soothing and peaceful as raindrops started to fall onto the streets.