chapter one // ignorance

trigger warnings: homophobic slurs

the school hallways were filled with students, as patrick stood amongst them, his back pressed against his locker, waiting for his friend, mikey

five minutes passed and patrick grew tired. he decided to walk to the lunchroom alone.

"hold on, wait for me," mikey yelled, as he ran after patrick, soon catching up. "fucker." he muttered, as mikey put his arm around patrick's shoulder. "you w-wish" patrick replied, smiling up to the other boy.

the pair walked in unison, slowly making their way into the fairly large cafeteria. "finally, you two shits made it. i'm hungry." ryan yelled at them, earning a few curious faces his way. patrick and mikey sat next to each other, as patrick opened his lunchbox.

"you toddler." josh muttered, as he took patrick's sandwich, giving him back only half. "y-you hypocrite." patrick smiled at his friends. they each had their own flaws, but all together they were a machine.

just as patrick was beginning to get lost in his thoughts, dallon appeared.

"hey fags" he snickered as ray rolled his eyes. "are you having fun with these fags, riley?" dallon asked, ruffling ryan's hair.

this made josh fume. josh sat up from his seat at the rickety table and he made his way to dallon. "listen up, dickwad weak-ass." josh started, as he jabbed his index finger into dallons chest. "his name is ryan, not riley, so get it right." dallon rolled his eyes, making josh even more mad.

"second of all-" josh yelled, before he was interrupted by ryan.
"i think that's enough." ryan said quietly, tugging on josh's sleeve. josh sat down next to ryan, his head in his hands, as ryan rubbed circles into josh's back.

"yeah, listen to your boyfriend, fag." dallon added with a slight push, walking away as if nothing happened. this made hayley raise her middle finger at him, as a few onlookers snickered.

"that was... wow." mikey whispered, shaking his head.

"why do you guys just submit to dallon like that?" josh said harshly, making ryan's hand freeze. josh scanned his friends faces for answers.

"you all are..." josh searched his mind for a word. "cowards." he finished, getting up from his seat, and walking away, his hands forming a fist.

"should we follow him?" ray asked, his voice quiet.

"i d-don't think so." patrick answered, his voice just as low.

the table was eerily quiet, until the bell rang, as everyone simultaneously went to leave the lunchroom.

-*•..•*- <--- (this is ricky)

ray decided to invite everyone to his house to play games later that day.

but that's not what they did.

instead, they decided to stare at josh's beaten up face with question.

"who fucked up your face?" mikey questioned bluntly, and josh rolled his eyes.

"i don't want to answer that.." josh said with a mutter.

"did you hit something?"

"no."

"did someone hit you?"

"no."

"was it dallon?"

"i think that's enough questions." ray said, shoving mikeys arm. once again, they became quiet. "why don't we play truth or dare?" hayley asked, and the group nodded and smiled at her suggestion.

"alright, i'll go first." ryan quietly said, "i'll go with... dare"

"outside, as loud as you can, scream i love brendon urie." mikey snickered and patrick covered a giggle.

"truth!" ryan's eyes were wide as he shifted.

josh smirked through split lips and a bleeding nose.

"pussy."

"e-ew pussy" patrick muttered.

"okay, okay, fine, truth it is," hayley groaned, playfully elbowing ryan. "if given the chance to date the forehead, would you?"

"is that even a question?"

"just answer it!"

"yes! i would! duh!" ryan shook hayley with one arm.

"don't you duh me, flower boy!" hayley swatted his arm, laughing.

"calm down kids." ray patted their backs as he chuckled. this, in fact, did nothing to solve the problem. instead, the teenagers bickered more, as they stuffed their mouths with popcorn and soda.

"patty, you're next." ray said loudly, making conversation stop.

"d-dare... d-dare m-me."

this made an idea pop in josh's head.

"i dare you to-"

---------------
AUTHORS NOTE:

-meadowpatrick:
hi! i really hope you enjoyed this chapter! don't forget to vote and comment to let us know if you liked it!!

lyre_of_midnight:
these are really fun to write. tell us what you think, dont be a silent reader!