chapter three // G.I.N.A.S.F.S

Josh's POV

Josh's POV.

"tell me what's on your mind." i said, softly this time, as he rested his head on my shoulder.

his smile faltered slightly, as he messed with his hair. "its stupid, really..." mikeys eyes puffed. "...but i don't wanna be my brother."

i never met his brother. heard stories about him all the time. but, mikey never invited people to his house, scared of what people will think.

there was only one person mikey invited. her name was ashley, or so i'm told. long story short, ashley called his family delusional, they got into a fight, and it caused mikey and his brother some trouble at home.

"the only ever time we talk is over dinner." i rubbed his knee encouragingly, urging him to continue. "he locks himself in his room a-and" tears cascaded down his semi-pale face.

"i hear him scream so loud..."

"don't cry mikey, please." this did nothing, as more tears rolled down his face. i used my thumbs as i pushed them away, staring into his hazel eyes.

and then, goddamnit, i kissed him. it felt great, but it wasn't right. he was like family... all i wanted to do was help him, not kiss him.

he was first to pull away, as we stared at each other in shock. "mikey, don't go, please." i begged, but he wouldn't speak. "i won't tell, i'm sorry..."

"you're such a whore, josh!" he pushed my chest slightly, his eyebrows furrowing in anger. "what are you, looking for a quick fuck?"

"no, that's not it, you don't understand..."

"i-i need to go home..." his breathing quickened, as his eyes began to widen, him looking off into space.

"don't panic, please.." and then the tears started rolling again, faster now, as he started to have a panic attack.

so, i pulled him into my chest, as i combed his hair, trying to comfort him.

"it's all right."

•★•★•

Petes POV.

"this place is shit." frank said nonchalantly as i lit a cigarette.

"you'll get used to it." we stood there in silence, with the occasional inhaling and exhaling of smoke.

"what are you doing at a shit job like this anyway?" frank lit a cigarette as well, putting the cancer stick between his lips.

i stop and think. i- no, i really don't know why. seeing people smile with other people, i guess. just seeing people smile. that kinda keeps me going. somehow, it brightens everything up, like stars. watching them talk, simple interactions...

there were people who would go alone, too. those are the people i try to cheer up; put little notes as i give them their food, give them little smiles as i pass by.

"happiness, frankie, happiness." i reply, and although it didn't make that much sense, he seemed to get it.

"huh." he cocks an eyebrow at me, "you are an odd man, wentz."

the world has gone to so much shit lately, it's just nice to see a smile. from a customer, from anyone really. working in a restaurant, it's simplicity, just seems to soothe away the bad.

frank checked his watch, sighing in annoyance. "looks like our break is over." he dropped the cigarette to the concrete, stepping on it breifly to stop the flame. i did the same.

"so are you homo or...?" frank asked, eyeing me carefully, as we began to make our way back into the restaurant.

"are you?" i asked instead as he smiled softly, getting rid of the nonexistent pleats on his apron. "i sure am, wentz." i smiled too, opening the door for the both of us.

"i am too." again, it was silence as we walked in, yet, somehow we were able to tell what the other was thinking.

•★•★•

Brendon's POV.

he passed the cigarette to me, forcing me to take it from his grasp. "i don't feel like-" his glare sure shut me up, as i put the shared cig between my chapped lips. we stood quietly on dal's balcony, the warm breeze carrying the smell of nicotine with it.

not that much good came from hanging out with dal. yeah, you got the girls, the free cigs and weed (occasionally), and the popularity and the parties. but you always end up feeling dead. your parents pretend that's it just a phase, kids fear you, and don't get me started on health.

sadly, i had a thing for dal. it was crazy, y'know, because dal doesn't care about nothing. not even himself. his wardrobe, as like all us 'rich' kids stayed the same. torn skinny jeans, a button-down or a t-shirt (whatever we felt like wearing) and a jacket, whichever kind, it never mattered.

i could tell, though, that dal had taken more than he needed too. his hair was sticking out more than usual, he was smoking more than usual, and he had bags under his eyes. he even stopped the bullying for today, which surprised all of us.

"give it here, bren." i passed him the almost burnt out cig, as he took a long drag from it.

we all had nicknames. dallon weekes was dal, kenneth harris was kenn (with two n's according to him), dan pawlovich was dan or paw, whichever he preferred. and i, brendon urie, was given the name of bren.

we weren't even rich to begin with. we were able to afford cigs, booze, and weed with our own money, sure, but we weren't rich. or maybe because we'd rather bully kids than hang out with our own family. yeah, i think that's what made us the rich kids.

"hey bren, i'm talking to you." he said it angrily too, smacking my forehead quite hard. "you're not dragging that much." his voice had calmed down now, 'cause now it was laced with fake concern.

"do i need to call kenn to fix you up like last time?" anything but that, that was torture. "stop being a fucking mute and speak!" he yelled, throwing the cig over the ledge. he took my hand, moving it and scanning it carefully. for what reason, i don't know. it did something to my heartbeat. i knew he didn't feel the same though, and that was fine.

as quickly as it started, he put my hand down, his cold brown eyes staring into my own. "kenn!" he called out, making my eyes bulge a little. "no, please..." i said, pleading with my eyes. but dal had taken too much today, and kenn and dan were probably taking lots more out back.

without it, they were like devilish angels, so no, it's not them i was afraid of. it was whatever dal and kenn thought was a good fixing that scared me shitless.

-------------------

Lyre_of_midnight:hiya frens, i just wanna say that -meadowpatrick did an awesome job on this chapter!

-meadowpatrick:so like tiffany is like the best and this chapter would be horrible without her so thank you hun