chapter two // love like woe

"d-dare

"d-dare... d-dare m-me."

this made an idea pop in josh's head.

"i dare you to do seven minutes in heaven..." josh announced, making patrick's eyes bulge. "...with mikey." josh finished.

"b-but"

"it's a dare, pattycakes. you gotta do it.." josh smirked, waiting for them to enter the closet.

"fine." mikey said loudly, getting up from his position on the floor, as patrick followed suit. "you're a fuckface, josh dun." and with that, mikey entered the closet, with a shy patrick following closely behind.

the pair was soon left in darkness once mikey closed the door, the both of them sitting on the floor once again.

"a-are we just going to s-sit here?" patrick questioned, as he twiddled his thumbs silently. "we can do whatever you want," mikey answered with a huff.

six minutes left.

this was hard for mikey. all these years he's been crushing on patrick, and suddenly they were both locked in the closet, pun intended, by josh dun. josh, of course knew. mikey never told him about it, nor admitted it, but somehow josh just kinda knew. he's noticed the way mikey looked at patrick, the subtle glances, the swift little movements so that their hands would brush or that their shoulders would lightly touch.

five minutes left.

"why are y-you being so qui-quiet?" patrick asked, trying to find mikeys face in the darkness. "because im getting claustrophobic." mikey replied, lying through his teeth.

four minutes left.

"it's ok." patrick said cheerily, as he held mikeys hand, their fingers entwining. mikey was fine until patrick decided to plant a soft kiss on mikeys cheek, making him blush uncontrollably.

three minutes left.

"we c-can leave if you w-want." patrick said, innocence seeping from his words.

"sure." the pair stood up simultaneously, their fingers still intwined, as they left the closet.

"did you two fuck?" josh asked, a smirk on his face. "no, asshat, we didn't." mikey replied, letting go of patrick's hand, as he went to gather his stuff.

"where are you going?" ryan asked, confusion etched on his face.

"i got sick, so i'm going home." mikey said, lying for the second time.