chapter eight // folkin' around

"hey ryan!" brendon called, catching up to ryan

"hey ryan!" brendon called, catching up to ryan. a faint smile made it's way onto ryan's face. "hey."

brendon smiled as well. "about a few days ago..." this made ryan scared. did he not enjoy it? did he regret it?

"what about it?" they stopped in front of a set of lockers to avoid the bustling teenagers.

"i enjoyed it, i really did." ryan's cheeks turned a bright red as he locked eyes with brendon. "what are you insisting?"

"i want us to be together. i've been thinking about it and-"

"that'd be great." all they could do was laugh. because they were just two teenagers who liked each other. two teenagers that were still trying to figure things out.

they walked to the lunchroom together as they took a seat next to each other.

"you two are close." hayley pointed out, making the two boy's faces turn pink.

"so we are." hayley glared at the pair before it clicked. "you guys are dating! that's so great!" she practically yelled, bringing some attention to the lunch table.

"we need to celebrate!"

mikey deadpanned. "didn't we hang out a few days go?"

"killjoy." hayley retorted, focusing her attention back to ryan and brendon.

"red robin." ray said simply.

"that's perfect! today is also our two and a half year friendship anniversary as well!"

"why do you remember these things?" josh asked, staring at hayley with confusion.

"do we even have a say in this?" ryan asked, smiling at his crazy friend.

"no, not really." hayley's tone was serious, but she still held a smile on her face.

"what if i don't want to walk to red robin?" josh asked.

"then you'll miss out on free food."

"it's settled then."

•★•★•

"tonight's going to be great!" hayley exclaimed, jumping around slightly. josh held the door open as everyone filed in.

"who's paying, though?" mikey asked. everyone's heads turned to ryan.

"what? no."

"you're the only one with a job. everyone else is broke."