chapter fifteen // young volcanoes

Patrick's POV

Patrick's POV.

"this is going to be a wreck," mikey sighed, stuffing a handful of chips into his mouth.

"no, i-it won't," i reassured him, though i was doubtful myself.

josh was laying on the floor, as he was surrounded by bags of chips and cans of sodas.

"this is going to be perfect," hayley said, trying not to freak out. i knew she needed (wanted) those hundred dollars. but everyone could tell how giddy she was.

i took a breath. i don't know if this is a good idea. i sure hope it is. i looked at everyone in the room, either draped on the couch or on the floor. then i glanced at josh again, and he looked like he was miles away. i observed everything in the room, anything to try to keep my mind calm. nobody was talking. until ray bounced up with a smile brighter than anything in the room.

and that's when hayley smirked.

everyone knew that when ray smiled like that, he had a great idea in mind.

he placed his hand on the arm of the sofa and leaned forward to whisper the wisest of words, "when, he gets here, let's get him to play twister. with paint."

"n-n-no," i whispered back, leaning forward like he did.

"yes."

"very yes."

"why are we whispering, it's creepy." josh raised his head to look at all of us from the floor.

"because fuck you that's why," mikey replied.

"we're gonna play twister with paint whether you like it or not," hayley whispered sternly.

"o-kay! you can stop whispering now." ryan clapped his hands together and smiled sarcastically, " i'm starting to get creepy uncle vibes and i'm getting uncomfortable."

just as brendon was about to say something, josh interrupted him.

"he's taking forever," josh groaned, stuffing his face with his circle of snacks.

i sat down on the couch, pulling my phone out to occupy my anxious hands.

i checked my recent messages- but to no avail; sadly, it seemed like pete isn't going to show up.

three steady knocks on the front door caused my heart to stutter, as i jumped up and basically ran to the door.

before opening it, i peeked through the peephole of the door, and it felt like my heart rate increased.

"oh no, he's turned into hayley," mikey said with a laugh, as i shushed him and ryan slapped his arm.

"ow," mikey retorted, rubbing his arm. i shushed him once more.