chapter eleven // i'll always be around

Patrick's POV

Patrick's POV.

"somebody's happy." hayley noted, her usual smile occupying her face. she took a bite of her sandwich before stopping.

"are you dating somebody?" she asked in a hushed tone. the table laughed at her sudden expression, a blush rising to her cheeks, slightly tingeing the tips of her ears.

"n-no, hayley. i'm n-not."

"patrick has a crush" she sang, a blush now on my cheeks.

"who is it?" she probed, her sandwich completely abandoned.

i shuffle, shifting my weight from one side to another. slowly, i lower my head, biting my lip, and i giggle nervously.

"hmm." i shook my head."i-it's n-n-not-- i-i don't.."

she smiled, and she had a glint in her eyes. like she knew everything.

"pete's hot." mikey said, as if he knew, too.

"if you say it's pete, i'm gonna throw up," josh laughs.

i widened my eyes and stood up, "why, w-w-what's wrong ab-bo-bo-bout li-liking pete?"

then i realized what i just said. fuck. i sat down so quickly, i'm pretty sure the bench nearly broke.

"so it is him!" one of them shouts. it felt like everyone in the cafeteria was looking at me. paying attention to my every move and every word i spoke and i felt naked then. like every part of my being was exposed, and i had no control over it. my eyes darted to every corner of the room. brendon noticed, and for the first time, he was actually decent.

"alright, alright, leave the boy alone, guys." he chuckled. i nodded at him, like a silent thank you, and the table settled down.

"so how's the ryden going?" hayley asked, confusing everyone with the phrase.

"what the hell is ryden?" mikey asked, which caused a loud gasp to escape from hayley's lips.

"ryden is ryan and brendon's relationship! how could you not know that?" she basically screamed at mikey, as the rest of us laughed at her brash-ish expression.

"the ryden is going well, hayley." ryan answered with a proud smile.

"how'd you guys even start dating anyway? did you guys fuck at th-" ray asked before he was quickly interrupted.

"ew." said hayley.

"no, no, no. we didn't, ray. it was fate, yeah?"