Ch.21

Joeys POV

Joey: wait... what? why?

Daniel: my dad is back...

Joey: if I do recall, your mom cheated on him.

Daniel: no, when before I was born my real dad left us. So my mom got a new husband by the time I was two. So I've called that man dad my whole life...

Joey: oh I'm sorry to hear that... where are we going...?

Daniel: don't know, don't care...

I open the door wider, letting the taller boy into my house. My mom closes her book, looking at Daniel wth worry in her eyes.

Debbie: are yo-

Joey: mom we are leaving for a few days, Daniel needs time away from everything...

Debbie: be safe boys...

I drag Daniel up the stairs, pulling him into my room. I immediately open my closet, looking for clothes that would fit Daniel. I just shake my head and remember that I have some of his clothes he left here in a cubby in my closet. I take those out and set them on the bed.

Daniel: where are we going to go? I'm not going back into that fucking house for my money...

Joey: I have $500, I was saving it for a special date but I guess today is that day....

--

I'm currently driving to a fancy 5 star hotel. I'm furious, I really don't even know what's going on but if you hurt my baby... I'll come for you. But I'll keep my cool kinda because these are Daniels parents and I have to respect them.

Daniel: I'm sorry for putting you through this...

Joey: it isn't your fault baby, it's your moms...

Daniel: no, it's my fault...

Joey: why is that?

Daniel: I was a fucking accident that caused my mom and "dad" to split

Joey: baby you're not an accident... they were having unprotected sex, of course your mother was going to get pregnant... what did she expect?

Daniel: I honestly don't know... my head isn't in the right place...

Joey: well cheer up, I'll make sure you have a great time with me...

Daniel: thanks J.

I turn over to look at Daniel, placing my hand on his thigh.

Joey: Daniel don't think that you're not loved just because your mom said you were an accident. I love you very much and I will do anything, and by anything I mean anything to make you happy. You're my other half, my human dairy... I can't live without you...

Daniel places his hand on top of mine, rubbing his thumb across my knuckles. She shows a slight smile before throwing his head back, looking at the roof. I see tears threatening to come out of his eyes. I just frown a little and turn into the hotel, parking the car.