Ch.26

Daniels Pov

The doctor came out to the waiting room to tell what's going on I held to my mom tight as I stood up.

Doctor: I'm sorry to say he has long term memory loss.

A whimper escaped my lips. This is my fault. Maybe it's better if he doesn't remember me, maybe it's a good idea to just disappear.

Daniel: Can we see him?

I gave him hopeful eyes. The short man stood there thinking.

D: I'm sorry only immediate family can see him.

I kicked the hospital chair in anger.

Daniel: Please, just 5 seconds please.

The short man let out a huff and led me to the beautiful brown haired boys room, I could already feel the tears welled up in my eyes.

He was out cold in the hospital bed, IVS in his arms cuts all over his face, and a bruised body.

I did this.

Doctor: We gave him a heavy sedative so he doesn't hurt as much, so he won't be talking, although he can be half alert it's unlikely.

I gave the doctor a weak smile and he left the room.

I sit in the small red chair next to the green eyed boys bed, he looked so peaceful, but so bruised up and broken. I held his hand gently in mine and kissed the top of it.

D: I know you can't hear me but I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I never meant for any of this to happen.

I let out a quiet sob as I looked at the brown haired boys emotionless face.

D: And I know you can't remember me even if you do wake up at any point I'm here, but Graceffa, Princess, love, Joey... I love you more than anything in this world.

My voice cracked and I broke down. I grabbed into my pocked and put his cuff on his wrist and smiled slightly, I kissed the top of his head ever so gently.

D: I'm sorry, maybe this is better. Maybe I will see you again.

I left the room and walked out to the parking lot and screamed in anger and sadness, tears staining my cheeks. I slammed my phone on the ground cracking it.

I didn't think that through..but I didn't care..
-

I stand looking at myself in the bathroom mirror it's been a week since I seen Joey and I'm hurting, badly I did this to him.

D: This is all your fault!

I say as I look at myself in the mirror I punch the glass and feel the blood start pouring down my hand.

I hate myself.

I let the tears fall as I put my back to the door and slide down, wallowing in my own sad, pathetic tears.
-
Today is the day I am finally flying out to California, a new start, a new life, a new me, a me without Joey, and I don't think I can handle that.

I hug my mom, tight.

DM: Don't forget about us out here, Pumpkin.

This is harder than I thought it would be, I kiss her cheek.

D: Mom I could never forget you.

She smiled and shooed me away I laughed and told her bye.

Plane guard: FLIGHT 143 IS ABOUT TO TAKE OFF PLEASE GO TAKE YOUR SEATS.

I took a deep breath and walked into the plane, finding my seat.

I watched the small town become smaller the higher I went up into the air.

I took the complimentary glass of wine and made a small toast to myself.

D: here's to new beginnings.

I took a drink of the red liquid and weakly smiled.

Yeah. New beginnings..