Chapter 22.

Lord, I will lift mine eyes to the hills
Knowing my help is coming from You
Your peace you give me in time of the storm

You are the source of my strength
You are the strength of my life
I lift my hands in total praise to you

"Let the whole church sing," Some guy singing said as we entered the church.

Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen

You are the source of my strength
You are the strength of my life
I lift my hands in total praise to you

"Why does the music have to be so loud?!"Kevon complained as we sat down.

"What?!"Melvin asked back.

"I SAID WHY THE MUSIC,"he yelled as the music stopped causing people to look at us,"Never mind."

"Be quiet!"my mama whispered to them,"We're already late coming and y'all want to act like some fools."

"But mama,"Melvin started before I pinched him to shut up. He started crying. Oh well,"Mama Kenny pinched me."

"Shut up,"I rolled my eyes. He really need to toughen up.

"I promise y'all say one more damn thing in this church I'm smacking all y'all ass when we get home,"Mama said shocking all three of us with her cursing in church.

"Good morning Saints,"Rev Braxton caught our attention.

"Good morning,"we all said dryly.

"Now I need y'all to wake up that wasn't good at all, I SAID GOOD MORNING SAINTS,"he yelled.

"GOOD MORNING!"

"That's better, y'all out here acting like some zombies,"he said making some laugh,"Isn't it good just to wake up and be here today?"

"Amen!"

"I don't know about y'all but it's always good to be here in the house of God,"he said receiving some amens in return,"Let us go into our text book some may refer to as the manual of life known as the Bible..."

"Kenny reach me that bible on the end right there,"my mama said, I did.

We all stood as we read the scripture then we sat down to prepare ourselves for a song. I remember from the last time I came here, Toni was in the choir, but today I saw her no where up there. I wonder if she's here or not. I hope she didn't not show because she knew I was coming.

I scanned all over the church searching for her, but she was literally no where to be found and we were already halfway through service.

"Who you looking for?"My mama asked. She knew the answer.

"Toni,"I whispered.

"Now we have our announcements then we'll go to the alter prayer and a selection from our choir,"Braxton said as I saw Toni walking in from the back. She must just got here, probably was late or something.