Chapter 23.

Today is finally the day and I'm excited as hell. I'm finally about to graduate and it feels like a whole new beginning into a life I'm anxious to see.

I'm currently in line waiting for one of the teachers or administrators to tell us when to move. Luckily I'm an honor student so I don't have to wait so far back in line.

"You ready?"

"Yea, you?"

"I guess,"Jada laughed as I smiled,"After everything that's happened I need something to make me smile."

"Don't worry about it we'll get through this."

"Okay listen ladies and gentlemen we're getting ready to start so I need everyone to go ahead and get back in line so we can walk out onto the field,"my principal announced.

"Got to go back there now,"Jada said before walking away.

"Alright."

We all got into our lines as quickly as we could and before I knew it we were walking onto the football field. The bleachers were packed and I couldn't really see clearly. I stared intensely making sure I at least spotted my mom. She was sitting on the 50 yard line with my brothers and a few other family members. I'm so glad everyone could make it today.

We finally made it to our seats and the program began starting with the welcome and prayer. Then we sung the national anthem. An hour later we finally made to the school song. We all stood up and listened as the music began to play while grabbing each other hands as we sung. I used to sing for the choir so I thought I sounded pretty good.

"Hey man is that Toni sitting by your mother?"Darryl asked.

"Oh shit it is, she came,"I smiled.

"I thought y'all broke up?"

"We did." I said watching her.

"I wish y'all would shut up and sing,"this annoying girl whispered beside me causing us to side eye her.

We finally finished the song and I could not get my eyes off of Toni. I could barely see what she had on, but I knew she looked beautiful. We listened as our Valedictorian and Salutatorian said their speeches and now we were all ready to receive our diplomas, the moment we've all been waiting for as we stood up in s single file line.

"And now the moment we've been waiting for,"our principal spoke into the mic,"Music please."

Sammy Adams Val
Rebecca Brown Sal
Louie Baker
Brianna Buck
Sarah Carter
Regina Clark
Samantha Dennis
Courtney Douglass
Kenneth Brian Edmonds
Terrence Edmonds

The crowd cheered as we received our diplomas and I was delighted that my family was the loudest ones, even Toni screamed for me. I can't wait to see her.

"Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the graduated class of 2017, congratulations!!!!!!"