Chapter 30.

Ahhhhh!!!!

"You okay sweetie?"I asked as I sat beside her bed holding her hand.

"This is all your fault!"

"I know, I'm sorry baby."

"Hey, how are you?"a tall African-American man asked extending his hand towards me, "I'm Dr. Cook, I'm stepping in for your regular doctor."

"Hey Dr. Cook, I'm Kenny and this is my wife Toni."

"I'm so glad you're here sir, I'm so ready to get this baby out of me."

"I'm sure you are,"he laughed, "From the looks of it you're a few centimeters dilated about 3 and we need to get you to 10 so what I'm going to do is get a few nurses in here to help you get there as well as give you the epidural but we need to be at least 5 or 6 centimeters before that because it can actually slow the contractions down. Okay?"

"How long do you think it'll be before she gets there?"I asked.

"Umm I'm not sure it really just depends on her body."

"Okay, Whatever it takes."

"Kenny did my parents call back?"Toni asked.

"Not yet, I'll go call them again okay,"I said to her before leaving out of the room to call her parents.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Braxton?"

"Yes, what is it? It's after midnight."

"I know, I'm sorry if I woke you, but it's Toni she's going to have the baby."

"What? Really? She wasn't due until a few weeks what happened?"

"I think we kind of induced the labor when we were having alone time."

"Gotcha, well let me tell Evelyn and we'll book a flight for tomorrow morning."

"Yes sir, let me know."

"I will, just please keep us updated."

"Will do sir,"I said before hanging up, "Hello?"

"Kenny, what's going on?"I hear my mother ask.

"The doctor says she's only 3 centimeters dilated right now and they need at least 5 to give her the epidural so she's dealing with a lot of pain right now."

"Did you get in touch with her parents?"

"Yea, just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago before you called. They're supposed to be flying up here tomorrow morning."

"Aww, I wish me and the boys could make it up there. I have to work."

"It's okay Ma, I'll send lots of pictures."

"How does it feel?"

"What?"

"Kenny, my baby, you're about to be a father to another you."

"I know right, it's so surreal I can't believe it."

"Are you nervous?"

"Since the day we found out, but I think I can handle it. I have to."

"I'm proud of the man you've become son."

"Thank you mama, I wouldn't have, had it not been for you. I love you so much mama."

"I love you too son, now go ahead and be there for your wife. I'm sure she needs you now more than ever."

"Yes ma'am,"I said before hanging up.