Chapter 13

After watching mason play gta with mike for a while I decide I'm tired and I want to go home so I turn to mason who is pressing button on his controller energetically and talking to mike and say "l think I'm going to go home now" mason turns to me with sad eyes and says into the mic "I'll be back mike" I then hear mikes voice once again "sure mate, bye indie" I smile and say "bye mikey" "don't call me that" replies mike trying not to laugh "okie dokie mikey" I say laugh as mason turns off the mic and grabs my shoulders and I says "no don't go" I sigh and say " I have to get home before my mum gets suspicious" mason looks sad and says "at least let me walk you home" I smile and nod and get up and run upstairs to get my bag leaving mason looking after me.

After mason locks the door behind us he reaches for my hand and I take his hand and lace my fingers with his, with walk through the maze of streets until we are standing in front of my big one story house with its white mail box out the front. we stop and stare at my house for a long time then mason turns to me and says "so what now?" puzzled I reply "huh?" "what's going on between us. that's what I mean" he says rubbing the back of his neck, oh no I think I have no idea what to say why would he ask this. I say "um I'm not sure well I have been kissing you and I don't think many friends do that" he laughs and my heart melts again "yeah, I would have a lot of explaining to do if my friends found out we were kissing but we were still just friends" he smiles then adds "well I want to go out with you but I don't think we should tell people straight away because you know um we have only know each other for a day and yea um" I smile and nod then stand on my tippy toes and kiss the end of his nose and say "okie dokie, bye see you tomorrow" and walk towards the door, mason calls out to me saying "was that a yes?" I smile still walking to the door and say "maybe" and walk inside my house smiling to myself as mason stares after me.