9 | Not For Long

“You are paying for what you did.” Britt states.

“The glass you broke cost $29,000 plus the red wine you spilled cost $8. You're paying up right now.” I lie between my teeth, watching her reaction. She immediately starts frowning, her nose flaring at me. She turned swiftly to Adrian, who was busy looking at something on his phone, as if asking for help.

She turns to me,“I am not paying for that garbage.”

“Well then, so am I.” I smile, going back to serve the VIPs still lingering around the bar. I catch Rhea's eyes and they silently scream her hate for Britt. Me too.
“Adrian, baby. That bartender slut wants me to pay for the glass and wine.” At the word slut, I wanted to teach her a lesson but Josh grabbed my wrist when I was retreating after setting orange juices for them. He tells me to calm down.

She is not a slut, Britt.” I hear Adrian defending me which I don't need from him. It still make my heart beat faster. He always makes me feel that way.

When Lilly comes to start her shift, I leave the bar, but Adrian just had to follow me to my room.

“What?” I ask impatiently.

“Are you okay? I'm sorry Britt's s brat.” He said.

“Apologizing on behalf of your whore, I see.” I comment.

“She's not my whore.” He said, stepping close to me and all of a sudden, my mind couldn't work properly. He has that effect on me.

Still.

I look at his lips, wanting to kiss him again. I wonder if those lips have been kissing other women.

“Come back to me,” He said quietly and something snaps in me as I shove him back.

“And get cheated on again? No thanks.” I spat, spinning on my heels, but he turns me back again and crashes his lips against mine.

Feeling so good, I kissed him back. Damn, I missed these lips.

He pulls back and stares into my eyes, saying slowly, “I. Never. Cheated. On. You.”

“Lies.” I shove him back once more and this time he didn't stop me. He watches me till I reach the door and I look at him,“Mr. Darth's coming to the resort tomorrow, so be at the dock at 10 AM.”

          ***

That jerk.

“If Adrian's not coming, I'm not rating. He used to be the boss of this resort, am I right?” Mr. Darth asked me as we walk away from the yacht he just got off.

"Yes,” I answer politely.

“I only have two hours before I go back.” Mr. Darth says with a sigh, inspecting the place.

          ∞

“Rhea, can you call Adrian to come to the bar ASAP.” I tell Rhea who was exploring around.

She nods before heading off in the direction of Adrian's room.

And like Jeff last time, she came back with a message,“He said you're not the boss of him.”

That's childish.

“Rhea, go tell him that this is important to me and Mr. Darth only has two hours before he heads back.” I tell her as she listens. She walked off again while I look at Mr. Darth who waits. I give him a small smile before turning around.

Punk.

“Adrian said the dinner you didn't show up to was important too. And that you just give up, because he's not coming.” Rhea pants.