Hero

Beast boy

"No, I crushed him to death myself." Said Terra

"We know. But as superheroes we have to be open to any possible." Starfire put her hands-on Tara.

But Terra shook her off and molded her arms. "so, you are calling me a liar?!" Her eyes blazed.

"No, we didn't say these" Raven interjected.

"No but we unfurled it." I don't want to be left out but I didn't know whose side to take.

Tara's shot around to me now. Crap.

"I mean we believe you but."

"There's a but." Tara clenched a first.

I couldn't help myself from lapping. "Hahahah.butt."

"God you're so immature." Tara tuned to the others.

Jamie

Our team was turning on each other. I had a role to play in it too.

Things are just so hard being a superhero. Sometimes I wish I wasn't.

I just need to clear my head. While the others bickered.

I headed for the hall when Tara stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" She demanded.

Raven hovered and went through a wall mumbling, "I am done with this."

Dick stood up and moved right past us. "I don't have time for this. I think my nose is broken." Starfire left with him.

"Great look at what you started." She yelled

She gave me an evil glare. So, I did the same

"Me. I wasn't the one who argued here."

"So, I am?"

"Yes!"

The bug was starting to get annoyed with Tara too. I didn't want to hurt her. But lately the bug was starting to get out of control.

"We are leaving. Come on Gar." She pulled his arm but Gar breaks free.

She gives him a sad look and walks out.

Tara

I really hate this place. The people here act like they like you but the next moment they turn on you.

I thought Gar and I had a connection. I thought he would maybe help. Or something.

I envy Raven and Damian. They are therefore each other. Gar turned on me for his best friend.

I just.... thought... that maybe he would be a hero and do the right thing.... he would be...my hero.

I was shocked at my own though. I shoved it out of my head. But I couldn't.

I just had this image in my head where Beast boy would swoop in a save me. But I guess stuff like that only happens in fairy tales.

I turned stone cold.

If that's how the world saw me then there is no point in changing it. I was going to be the stone wall. Even more than Raven.

Robin

I woke up in a strange place I was hanging upside down. The blood flow rushed to my head made me dizzy. I couldn't analyze anything.

I saw Slade sitting in a chair. But Slade was the one who talked. It wasn't his voice.

"Hello" a dark figure stepped into the light.

"You are probably wondering. Why? Why here? Why now? Why this? To answer most of your questions I am you."

The guy stepped into the light. He didn't look like me at all. In fact, he had scars and big muscles.

First of all, no one could ever get that close to me to cause that damage. I mean his face was wrecked.

I couldn't help myself. But I didn't know him or how he would react. So, I just held back a little. Just a snicker.

"You find me funny." He said. The man who claimed to be me.

I just couldn't hold back. "You aren't me."

"I know." He put a white mask on. It had an owl face on it.

This was unexpected.

"I don't follow."

"You see Damian." He knew my name, how?

"I am you. I am a clone."

"So, you are the lesser me. "he seemed to get aggravated at that lest comment. He backhanded me. Week.

"Unfortunately, clones grow faster than humans and since I woke up early, I didn't have what's in here." He pointed to my head.

"You have no brain?" I laughed and he punched me in the gut. "so, what do you want?" I asked. Trying to speed up to the part that's important.

"I want your memoirs. Your knowledge. Your intelligence." He got up and started to pace around.

"You see. I am you. But the opposite. I am not a hero like you. But you are nearly one yourself. "

I interject." I am a hero!" It was a lame way to say it but it was true. I am a hero, right?

"You a hero?!" Slade lapped. "You are just like me."

The face that Slade would even consider such a thing made me shiver.

But the saver was also meant for something else too.

Some part of me just... knew something I didn't.

"But first I want to run some tests. Before I get that gorgeous brain of yours"

He unzipped his coat and reviled a chest full of needle marks.

I glared at him.

He opened a case full of green stuff and loaded a syringe. Then pulled out a silver collar just like Slade was wearing.

"This is going to be painful. That's how you know it's working. "

I struggled around but Slade came up and grabbed me and held me still while the guy stuck the syringe into my neck.

"Why did you inject meth...th..ear..." then I blacked out.