Just a kid

Nightwing

I have no idea how Damian predicted this. The team was falling apart. He knew this before it ever happened.

Either that or I just don't pay attention.

It turns out my nose is broken. So that's fun. (not) and Damian is who knows where chasing some ghost Slade.

But if Damian was right about the team fighting maybe he was right about Slade.

Who knows really? Slade has cheated death more than once in the game of life.

He was supposed to die long ago, but he made it to a Lazarus pit in time.

Maybe he did it again?

Starfire

The alarm went off. When I liked to see what it was it was the usual. A Robber. Lately not much crime has happened. This was the first in the last month.

But Damian was gone for the last month. Dick had the whole Gotham Knights out looking for him.

He told me that the city would be under the protection of the team.

I got the team ready and headed out. The robbery was harmed in the far side of town. The strange part is it was in a hospital.

The south part of town was the rich area with high tech alarms and security systems.

Why would anyone pull off something like this here?

In the hospital it was dark. I used one of my star bolts as a flashlight.

Tara

"The robber must have taken out the power system. Smart. "

"Don't compliment the enemy." Raven said.

"Geez" I rolled my eyes.

I saw a flash of something pass by. Something silver. Like a Caller "There he is."

I wasn't able to get a good look but I could feel if the flash of a caller was on his or her neck then he or she must be short a little under my night.

Everyone followed the guy into a room. But he wasn't there.

I looked up to see a vent opened in the ceiling.

The guy dropped a can of something into the room and closed the hatch before any of us could get to him. Or get out.

The can started to let out this red smoke.

The instant Gar touched it his hand started to form these red bumps, like mosquito bites.

He screamed in pain.

"What is this?" Demanded Jamie in panic.

Everyone looked to Dick for an answer. But he just stood their sock.

"I don't know." He managed to get out. "Just don't touch it. "

"Thanks for the heads up." Gar said sarcastically, holding his hand.

We all crowded around the door but it was locked. The glass was shatterproof. So, we couldn't get out.

Why would a hospital have shatterproof glass?

The robber dropped out from the top of the hatch outside.

He turned to look at us through the glass.

I couldn't believe who it was. Who would do this to us? The person who was missing for the last month.

Robin

I looked at the guys. I had no idea the can was going to do that.

I had to do this. It's the only way to protect them. True it may not seem that way now.

I went to open the door but it was locked. I cut the power and it shouldn't be locked.

The smoke started to cover them. Their screams of pain rang in my ears.

I couldn't bear it anymore. I ran to smash the glass.

But Slade and the other guy had eyes everywhere and must have seen me.

My color started to electrocute me. I collapsed to the ground. This was nothing compared to what the others were feeling right now.

I had to do what the other men wanted. I got up and left with what I came here for.

The glass was broken and they will be ok. I thought to myself.

....

When I got back. I guess you could say Damian was waiting for me.

I handed him the syringes and glared at him. "

"I know you hate me right now but it will pass. What I am doing is way more important than those parasites. Anyway, they were holding you back."

I went to punch him but he grabbed my fist and pulled me close.

"Make no mistake about this. Once I have your mind, I will be the better one here."

"You just admitted that I am the better you." I smirked.

He elbowed me in the gut.

"Then Let me tell you something. When an adult is beaten mentally, he will convert to physical power. That's how you know you've won."

"Little brat!"

I spit blood in his face.

He stuck a syringe full of the green stuff in my neck and threw me against the wall.

"Looks like you still don't know who's in charge here." He smiled and pulled out a remote with 3 bottoms on it.

"I am the adult here and you are the kid. You show respect for your elders. GOT THAT!"

He had only used the first bottom on me but the other two remain a mystery.

He pressed the first button and fell to the ground.

"Remember. Who's the kid here." He said and handed the remote to Slade.

"Have fun" he said and left.

Slade held down the button and the Caller electrocuted me.

I was weak. Just a kid. I can't even face this. "ttt pathetic."

"What are you smirking about?" Slade demanded releasing the button allowing me to answer.

"Nothing, just that you're too weak to face me in a fair battle because you know I am better than you."

"No. I did what I have to survive."

"You don't need my older clone to survive."

"You didn't know everything. You're just a kid you wouldn't understand," He pressed the button again and the pain spiked through my body once again.